WoW very nice! I cant wait to get my Trump 262 now!
Wow very nice.I like it.Can't wait to see some decals on that plane.

Daniel

You guys happen to be twins? :cheers:

Nice work idd, amazing!!

I got the waves on! :banana:

I used RLM02. I was a bit shaky about using this colour instead of 76, but I'm glad I did because, to me at least, it looks right.

I've also done a panel line wash. I use oils for this and the colours used were a mix of brown and black for the topsides, and a grey brown mix for the undersides.

I just put the first coat of matt on it and I'm really pleased with how it looks apart from one thing.

Where the decals cross the rivet lines, in a few places I have little air pockets where the decal hasn't sunk right into the rivet hole. Is there any way I can remedy this now? Of course, it doesn't show until the matt coat is on does it! :bandhead2::explode:

I balanced the model on it's legs while the matt coat is drying and here it is,

203321390.jpg

203321372.jpg

Jen.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, she's finished. Has been for a week actually but I had a slight PC problem (it blew up!) and was preparing for SMW at Telford so had no time to post.

I bought and built this kit specifically to enter it into the Trumpeter competition at Telford, which is why I so slavishly stuck to the OOB approach. I think the kit has a lot to offer the detailer, a little work here and there really finishes it off well, as Dragonfly is amply demonstrating! On the other hand, it has a been a very enjoyable build and is well detailed enough to look convincing as it comes.

Here are a few pics. I took them this morning and the light was a little poor. I will no doubt take more if the sun ever comes out again!

206472935.jpg

206472936.jpg

206472957.jpg

As you can see, I was lucky enought to win gold in my class, and actually won the trip to Hong Kong and China as well.

I can't really find words to explain how I feel about it, I am very, very happy, excited etc. This was my first ever entry into a competition and I am pretty blown away to have actually won it!

It just remains for me to say this - :blink:

Now I just need to decide what to build next, did I mention I bought an Eduard FW190 at the show? :beer4:

Jen.

WOW!!!! Congrats on winning overall!!! :blink: What a cool prize too!

(MODS NOTICE- Mike & Pete, Ok no DotR GB Prizes for Jen!!!!! Please cross Jen off the list! :beer4: )

Your Schwalbe looks awsome!! Can't wait to see what your going to do with the Fw190! hope that your going to enter it!

Edited by moeggo
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi Jen

Congratulations! :D

I've been away from the forum for a couple of weeks, and I saw that you won at Telford in the GB gallery only yesterday

Have a nice trip to Hong Kong...and come back with a cubic meter of Trumpeter Luftwaffe kits in all scales, we'll give you a lift with the assembly, there's quite a number of Luftwaffe nuts hanging around here ;)

On the historical side, there's one of those me 262, same unit, which went down in the area where I'm leaving, January 1945. Remains of the aircraft wre found some years ago, and are on display in a local museum.

Cheers

Marc