1/48 Hornet and Tornado decal questions

Hello, two questions:

(1) Does anybody make 1/48 VFA-113 low-viz F-18 decals? This is what I am looking for:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/41/164686_NK-306_F_A-18C_of_VFA-113_(3143373597).jpg

Also, all images I have found are C models. Any D models of low-viz VFA-113?

(2) Can I build a Saudi Tornado from 1/48 HobbyBoss Tornado IDS? I know Revell is coming with a new and likely better Tornado but that is a different topic. As far as the decals go, the only set I found was this:

http://www.hyperscale.com/2011/reviews/decals/ma48174decalreviewkb_1.htm

Are there other manufacturers who produce Saudi decals? Or anybody currently working on them?

Thank you very much!

VFA-113 didn't fly the D model Hornet; only single-seaters. No Navy deploying squadron has 2-seat legacy Hornets, although training and test squadrons have some and the training squadrons do take the 2-seater to the boat for carrier qualifications - but they don't deploy.

Super Hornets are a different beast, and the 2-seat F model does deploy on carriers.

The Hobbyboss kit is supposedly inaccurate (shape wise), lacks the Sky Shadow pod, and I don't think the fuselage pylons are correct. I've never had this kit but I would stay clear of it.

The Italeri kit, I've used to build four tornados now. However you do need a lot of resin which may be hard to get since Paragon is OOP.

Here's one built up as a Saudi jet.

760_3.jpg

full article http://www.dstorm.eu/pages/en/other/builds/ben_tornadoids_760.html

The Revell kit, in the current form being shown is for a Luftwaffe jet. That means you would need to get a SkyShadow pod, change the center pylons, get a FLIR for under the nose, maybe a BOZ-107 pod (not sure if it's in the kit). I wouldn't be surprised if Revell Does a RAF boxing down the road with all the required parts.

Hello, two questions:

(1) Does anybody make 1/48 VFA-113 low-viz F-18 decals? This is what I am looking for:

I don't know of any current 1/48 aftermarket, but the older (1995, 1998, and 2002 boxings) Revell-Monogram F-18C kit came with low-viz VFA-113 markings from Desert Shield/Storm. Not the best decals, but they do the job.

If I'm not mistaken, I believe Fightertown Decals just announced a sheet that includes a VFA-113 low-viz jet.

Thank you guys.

(1) Hornet: I looked into the Monogram F-18, thanks for the pointer. The decal is a bit darker than what I would like to have, so I will probably not go that way. But I was not aware of it so I very much appreciate it. I looked around for FT's announcement but could not find anything about it. I would be very interested in having this scheme.

(2) Tornado: Benner, I love your build. I had come across it a few days ago. I got the decal pointer from your build. Does anybody know if there are other decal alternatives for the Saudi scheme?

I am aware of the HB Tornado issues. I am also aware of the upcoming Revell. I happen to have the HB IDS, so I would like to build it sooner or later. The Saudi scheme is what I have been drawn to for a while but not sure if I will ever be able to find the decals. I could not find any Model Alliance decals on the web.

Spooky, Habu, thank you so much! Great pointers! FT looks very cool, I also found a partial set of 48-237 on ebay. I'll likely wait for the FT set. Thank you both again for the info! Benner, I also got your PM regarding the Tornado decals. Thank you for that. Looks like not extinct yet after all :)