Why no A/M decals for the P2V Neptune

I'm building a P2V-5 Neptune for a retired vet,I have 2 kits (original releases) and the decals are old, and will most likely disintegrate.

I was looking for A/M decals but it seems the only options offered are for Foreign users, are there any out there I may have missed?

Currently I'm looking into, at the minimum, of getting the current kit decal and then A/M generic white letters to get the letters/numbers I need.

I also need the letter "E" for the excellence award that goes under the cockpit.

Any help out there?

Curt

Tail code;YD

Bu#; 131540

A/C#; 10

Excellence award; E

Basic plane stencils

All U.S.Navy markings and insignia

10891626_10204587550902329_198474599214528084_n.jpg?oh=f243da8c69bf0ec05c60cce850412bb7&oe=552B4E02

10888370_10204587546382216_4904930028695534470_n.jpg?oh=79293c3f0bc1003af57769d2e1822991&oe=552A5DB9&__gda__=1429529798_33bc03cbc10a26626c82f30fd108ae76

Edited by Netz

Really, really old kit with minimal detail (although it's actually very accurate), and a type that's been long out of the popular consciousness.

Add that up and it's a recipe for very low sales of decals.

I always liked the Neptune and considered doing a sheet for it; but the existing kits are somewhat old, and had to give priority to developing sheets for new releases. I will certainly do some decals if anyone ever releases a 1/48 kit; or when I can find some time, whichever comes first. Until then, I am pretty sure Print Scale has a sheet for the Neptune.

yup, available from Hannants

http://www.hannants.co.uk/product/PSL72106?&currency_id=2

there is also the Zotz sheet if you do the AP-2H Falcon conversion

edit, and if you go to someplace like Rare-Plane, he might have MicroScale # 72-117, a Hawkeye/Neptune sheet

you will also need the Falcon P2V-5 conversion for 3 of the 6 decal options on the Printscale sheet, #4603 http://www.falconmodels.co.nz/kits.html

Edited by Rex

Print Scale does have a sheet for the Neptune. I've got their A-3 Skywarrior sheet, and it's got loads of errors, so I'd make sure I have plenty of spare letters and numbers before I used any of their other sheets.

Like Kursad, I've toyed with the idea of doing some Neptune decals, but I need to get a certain couple of Phantom sheets out the door first...

Thanks for the replies, I'm doing the exact A/C pictured, white over dark sea grey, so white letters it is.

I have 2 of the Falcon vac sets, I'm only going to use the canopy, as the vac conversion leaves allot to be desired.

It was actually easier to move the radar dome aft then to cut off the front of the a/c and lose all the raised detail from the kit.

I have some white letters/numbers, so I hope they are the right font's and sizes, now to get the basic stencils and insignia.

Curt

FreightDog did some RAF Neptunes - Hannants has one in stock -

http://www.hannants.co.uk/product/FSD72001S

Thanks for the link, but I'm doing the exact A/C pictured above,the forien users are unfortunately the only decal sheets I've been able to find.

Would the US Navy portion of my RoG sheet help?

Cheers,

Andre

Tried to send you a PM but your box is full.

I didn't know RoG boxed this kit....How'd I miss that???

Curt

Edited by Netz

Tried to send you a PM but your box is full.

I didn't know RoG boxed this kit....How'd I miss that???

Have you seen this site?:

http://p2vneptune.com/m02_72.shtml

Both of mine will, unsurprisingly, end up in Dutch markings. My other one is a stock Hasegawa kit with added limited edition Dutch Decals resin gun nose and decals - I'll not use the vast majority of the Hase sheet either, I'll shoot you a PM.

Cheers,

Andre