Israeli F4-E/ Tamiya 1/32 "Early" version

Hi Guys,

Here are some photos of my latest aircraft build, the Tamiya 1/32 "Early" F4-E Phantom II. This is the hard-wing version with short cannon fairing. The building was slowed by necessity to remove all the "Battle damage patches" scattered on the fuselage of the Tamiya kit. In actuality, these DO NOT appear on the F4 and may have been copied by Tamiya research from a plane that had them. Sanding and rescribing were required. I used the Avionix cockpit set, Eduard photo-etch F4-E "BIG" set for the F-4 includes all the little things to make this an "OH WOW" model. The armament is asymmetric with Sidewinders on one side and MK117s on the other inboard pylon. This has been photo verified for an aircraft from the Yom Kippur war conflict. This model represents aircraft #125 which scored one Syrian MiG kill in mid-1973, a few months prior to the Yom Kippur war. It carries the squadron badge and Red fin chevron of Israeli Air Force #119 sq. "The Bats".

3_zpswhz6rj24.png

2_zpsi1uqvtd8.jpg

Here's the model in full color:

DSCN3295_zps72c37166.jpg

DSCN3293_zpsae661833.jpg

DSCN3326_zps47356c57.jpg

DSCN3318_zps3294e8da.jpg

DSCN3317_zps9a00cdc9.jpg

DSCN3311_zps2c46e8e7.jpg

DSCN3344_zps22912346.jpg

DSCN3355_zps167dbac3.jpg

Ed Okun/ 2015

Wow. What an impressive model. There are just so many things going on (takes a while to absorb all the beautiful details) but my favorite is the misalignment between the front and mid section of the wing tanks. It is subtle but adds so much. Shows attention to detail. Great job.