Revell's new releases (or not!)

Thanks to some investigation at the IPMS Telford show, it seems that Revell are still completely tight-lipped about the endless rumours concerning a new Lightning kit (and maybe a Canberra too). Hope that this speculation will now be put to rest until some hard facts finally emerge. It really doesn't do anyone any favours to whip people into a frenzy at the prospect of a kit which might not exist apart from in someone's over-active imagination. Let's hope the Lightning and Canberra do emerge, but Revell officially have no comment, so let's leave it at that for now?

I couldn't get anything out of the staff although the chap I spoke to did think that there should be a 2 seat Typhoon in 1/48 at some point next year but they wouldn't know for definite until Christmas.

Stephen

Thanks to some investigation at the IPMS Telford show, it seems that Revell are still completely tight-lipped about the endless rumours concerning a new Lightning kit (and maybe a Canberra too). Hope that this speculation will now be put to rest until some hard facts finally emerge. It really doesn't do anyone any favours to whip people into a frenzy at the prospect of a kit which might not exist apart from in someone's over-active imagination. Let's hope the Lightning and Canberra do emerge, but Revell officially have no comment, so let's leave it at that for now?

Chox, Are you moderating already? I'd already forgotten about those rumours, thanks for reminding me............... :worship:

Edited by Bill Clark

Well you know how it is - somebody ought to say it now and again! Kit rumours are nice to warm-up a cold evening but ultimately they do little more than disappoint people when they ultimately fail to materialise. It may well be that the Revell Lightning does eventually appear but now that Revell are evidently staying tight-lipped, you have to worry that the conclusion that a Canberra was on the way may have come from someone simply uttering the words "English Electric" which (of course) applies to both aircraft types. You can see how these Chinese Whispers begin...

Likewise, when Revell are already producing Matchbox kits, you have to wonder if all the fuss was about a mere re-issue of the old F6/F2A kit. I recall that when their beautiful Hunter F6 was first announced, it merited a mere line on a cheaply-produced handout at Telford. Most people didn't even notice it. It would seem that the mythical Lightning kit hasn't even got this far, so it looks like there has been an awful lot of premature speculation, if not pure fantasy.

Oh well, we will just have to hope that it's not all just wishful thinking!

So drag it up here as well to feed the rumours a bit more, eh?

:cheers:

Have a look here:

http://www.network54.com/Forum/149674/mess...3B+Lancaster%21

and here:

http://www.network54.com/Forum/149674/mess...163342874/Sorry

Although the Lightning rumour has been flying about since Telford 2005, the Canberra one has only ever been a rumour with no outside evidence

Edited by Dave Fleming
Terribly sorry chox old chum, would you care to send me an email on what is ok to talk about? or perhaps just put a list up on the sticky topics section so we don't all get out of hand.

Sarcasm isn't necessary - if you want to whip yourself into a self-induced frenzy about nothing then by all means do, I couldn't care less! I just think (as do others) that it's just a wee bit er... stupid?

Sarcasm isn't necessary - if you want to whip yourself into a self-induced frenzy about nothing then by all means do, I couldn't care less! I just think (as do others) that it's just a wee bit er... stupid?

But you it appears that you DO care less otherwise you wouldn't have started the whole thread off now would you... :wave:

"Thanks to some investigation at the IPMS Telford show it seems that Revell are still completely tight-lipped about the endless rumours concerning a new Lightning kit (and maybe a Canberra too). Hope that this speculation will now be put to rest until some hard facts finally emerge. It really doesn't do anyone any favours to whip people into a frenzy at the prospect of a kit which might not exist apart from in someone's over-active imagination. Let's hope the Lightning and Canberra do emerge, but Revell officially have no comment, so let's leave it at that for now?"

Not at all, I couldn't give a toss, I was just adding some input, but as is often the case with enthusiast websites, this is obviously judged to be a crime, if the comments don't meet with the approval or agreement of some of the site users.

But if you want to argue about nothing then that's fine, but I'm a bit bored with it now, so if you want to add your "good" or "so there, nah, nah, nah" or whatever, then by all means feel free, but I fail to see what purpose this serves. I thought this was a modelling forum, not a "let's have a go at anyone who has an opinion" forum... enjoy!

Edited by Chox