An Afternoon at Nellis

And some local Vipers...

IMG_7445a.jpg

IMG_7656a.jpg

IMG_7719a.jpg

IMG_8502a.jpg

IMG_8515a.jpg

The last viper looks like a Block 42... WITH a SNIPER and also a left hand HTS pod. Looks like they are validating the interchangeble SEAD and Strike missions. Notice also the JMCS helmet and the lack of IFF antenna on the Block 40/42s.

The last viper looks like a Block 42... WITH a SNIPER and also a left hand HTS pod. Looks like they are validating the interchangeble SEAD and Strike missions. Notice also the JMCS helmet and the lack of IFF antenna on the Block 40/42s.

It is indeed. The 422nd has a mix of 42s and 52s.

422TES_JMelampy-1.jpg

More photos can be found here http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index....=110979&hl=

What's wrong with it? Looks ok to me :thumbsup:

Eagle.jpg

Nice! :o Nothing like a couple minutes in Photoshop to fix a couple seconds of missed timing! Thanks to everyone by the way for your comments they are greatly appreciated :)

IMG_7656a.jpg

What kind of missile/probe is that on the third station in on the starboard wing? Is it a practice HARM? And anyone know what the serial is on this plane? When I enlarged it I thought it was 90-898, but that can't be right as that plane was a Block 40 F-16D.

Edited by David Walker
What kind of missile/probe is that on the third station in on the starboard wing? Is it a practice HARM?.

Yup....training HARM. All the weight, drag, and avionics I/O of the missile but without a motor or warhead.

And the tail # is prolly 92-3898. One of the Block 52s transferred from Mountain Home last year. Dunno why it has no fin flash/unit designator tho.

Edited by SimFixer
And the tail # is prolly 92-3898. One of the Block 52s transferred from Mountain Home last year. Dunno why it has no fin flash/unit designator tho.

It is. Many of the Block 52s received from Mountain Home are earmarked for the Thunderbirds in the 2009 season and probably will not ever receive 57Wg markings.

Jake

Many of the Block 52s received from Mountain Home are earmarked for the Thunderbirds in the 2009 season and probably will not ever receive 57Wg markings.

Now that's real interesting! Thanks.