I forgot to take pictures when I started this kit 4 days ago, so here it is so far, fuselage glued, some sanding and filling, the fuselage-wing joint had a big gap, but nothing that some white glue couldn't fix.

It seems that this kit will be finish before deadline, not just like the other unluky ones, RSAF Tornado for the Desert Storm I GB and the F-15CJ Shiro Ruyu for the JSDAF GB :banana:

IMG_4476.jpg

IMG_4477.jpg

Ivan

Thanks for the comments! :)

I can't get enough of that sea-cammo!

Working on a tomcat and a tornado too? :banana:

Yeap, the Tornado is a leftover from the Desert Storm I GB :whistle: , its going to be a RSAF, and the Tomcat will be a IRIAF Cat.

Ivan

Update. Decals on, some weathering with pastels, mate finish, now is time to assemble main components. Landing gear & wheels/tires painted and weathered. Needs some touch up here and there, but nothing fancy. :thumbsup:

IMG_4490.jpg

IMG_4491.jpg

Ivan

I really like how that turned out.

I assume you used an airbrush? What PSI did you use for that?

yeap, its airbrushed. But don't know the psi of my compressor, I have it for about 8 years, its kinda old, but it does a great job :coolio:

Ivan

Edited by Ivan T.

Outstanding work Ivan!

It's refreshing to see a beautifully built classic Monogram kit by a builder who didn't feel the need to re-scribe all the panel lines. Exceptionally well done, that is one of the nicest Thuds I seen in a while.

So how did you paint the yellow trim around the canopy? I was trying to think of the best way (read: easiest) to do that

I painted it with a brush, the clear part has a "frame" (don´t know how to call it) so painting it was easy, I´ll take a picture as soon as I have a chance.

Ivan

• 2 weeks later...