What if Schemes

Great looking Vipers, Grant !

I love the colors of the first Romanian profile ...

And that Iraqi Viper might just happen sooner rather than later ...

Gregg

Not gonna be block 50s though! :lol:

Anway, sick-posterior profiles! :thumbsupp: I'll have ti use that second romanian como in my current novel.

Nice F-16's.

On the second Romainian camo ... is that darkest color dk gray or dk blue?

regards,

Gary F

Thanks Gary. It's a dark gray

Ahh, there's the goods. Sweet work Trigger!

Thank you.

Great looking Vipers, Grant !

I love the colors of the first Romanian profile ...

And that Iraqi Viper might just happen sooner rather than later ...

Gregg

Thanks, Gregg.

Not gonna be block 50s though! :thumbsup:

Anway, sick-posterior profiles! :thumbsupp: I'll have ti use that second romanian como in my current novel.

Actually, 50/52s are the very model the Iraqi Air Force has been talking about.

Glad you like the Romanian camo.

Nice Vipers! Definitely some good thought and analysis went into those. :thumbsup:

I still wonder if one day I might build a VA-61 A-4, the what-if being if VF-61 Jolly Rogers had simply become an attack squadron, as was common back in the late 50's, instead of just being disestablished during their F3H days. Black waving pirate flag on the fuselage behind the intakes, and probably green trim(?). JR's look good with yellow trim, but I just can't see it with orange. So I figure green is the next bet in logical A-4 thinking, with a 3XX modex, right?

• 3 weeks later...

Great Vipers, Trigger! :worship: The Romanians are cool, but I particularly like the Croatian one. What about that Moroccan Viper? :worship:

Now, what to build: Croatian Viper or Gripen? :wacko: Both, probably! :worship:

Fabe, your low-viz Fresco looks very nice! :thumbsup: Is that emblem an actual emblem or did you design that? Sure looks the part!

Just a heads-up, guys:

:woot.gif:Four weeks left in the WHAT-IF GB! :woot.gif:

So, complete your builds, start another one or just drop by to feast your eyes on the cool things this GB spawned. :thumbsup:

Did I show this one here yet? Don't think so.

F-15withF119andIRST.jpg

There were some cool real pics of the F-15J with IRST over in Research Corner that was (supposedly :unsure:) the F-15J Kai. The plus is for the extra bit of thrust. This was fashioned up for a big story revolving around the Japanese that I'm planning (modelling-wise, this involves ships and big-scale figures beside other aircraft). I thought about adding the F/A-18 elevators for canards as per the F-15 ACTIVE programme, but decided against that. Those big ears somehow ruin the look of the Eagle, IMHO.

Just a heads-up, guys:

:woot.gif:Four weeks left in the WHAT-IF GB! :woot.gif:

So, complete your builds, start another one or just drop by to feast your eyes on the cool things this GB spawned. :thumbsup:

F-15withF119andIRST.jpg

There were some cool real pics of the F-15J with IRST over in Research Corner that was (supposedly :unsure:) the F-15J Kai. The plus is for the extra bit of thrust. This was fashioned up for a big story revolving around the Japanese that I'm planning (modelling-wise, this involves ships and big-scale figures beside other aircraft). I thought about adding the F/A-18 elevators for canards as per the F-15 ACTIVE programme, but decided against that. Those big ears somehow ruin the look of the Eagle, IMHO.

Dude...we need to get together!

Castro gets overthrown in the early 1970s and the island becomes a staunch US ally again. The military is flooded with US advisors as is the air force :thumbsup:

cuba-what-if.jpg

perhaps I should do a what if sheet one day.

Oh I am liking this one a lot!

Moritz, that a very cool line drawing of the F-15J-Kai !

Would F119s fit in an Eagle ? Just curious ...

Gregg

I tried to find out but I think even the OD of the F-119 body is classified right now. If I had to eyeball it I'd guess they're roughly similar. That, or get an Italeri F-22 and see if the petals will 'fit right; on a F-15.

Thanks, guys! :woot.gif:

<...> Would F119s fit in an Eagle ? Just curious ...

I've got absolutely no idea, I'm afraid. It does look a bit thicker, though. Before cutting plastic, I'll probably try to get some measurements with callipers of the engines still in the fuselages and see how that works out. If there isn't too much of a difference, it should work. Fitting a single one of those in a Mitsubishi F-2 will also be interesting. :woot.gif::thumbsup:

Thanks, guys! :woot.gif:

I've got absolutely no idea, I'm afraid. It does look a bit thicker, though. Before cutting plastic, I'll probably try to get some measurements with callipers of the engines still in the fuselages and see how that works out. If there isn't too much of a difference, it should work. Fitting a single one of those in a Mitsubishi F-2 will also be interesting. :woot.gif::thumbsup:

Well, you can always say they're upgraded F100s or F110s, that's the beauty of a "What-If" ...

Yeah, that would be interesting on an F-2 !

I've wondered what TV nozzles would look like on a Super Hornet, I've read that they were considered for the Rhino but negated, I don't know if it was due to cost or just determined not needed ...

Gregg

Well, you can always say they're upgraded F100s or F110s, that's the beauty of a "What-If" ...

Yeah, that would be interesting on an F-2 !

I've wondered what TV nozzles would look like on a Super Hornet, I've read that they were considered for the Rhino but negated, I don't know if it was due to cost or just determined not needed ...

Gregg

NASA's F/A-18 HARV (High-Alpha-Research-Vehicle)

F-15Upgrade.jpg

Ooh, that's cool. I'm not sure about the canards in front of the intakes, though. Seems to me they'd deflect air from the intakes and possibly cause some troublesome engine stalls.

Just a heads-up, guys:

:cheers:Four weeks left in the WHAT-IF GB! :woot.gif:

So, complete your builds, start another one or just drop by to feast your eyes on the cool things this GB spawned. :wave:

F-15withF119andIRST.jpg

Dude. Pure unadulterated awesome. I'm usually not a big fan of the F-15, but I could see myself building one of those if I get burnt out on sci-fi stuff. It'd look especially cool in Nellis markings with Raptor-style pseudo-metallic paint.

Yeah, I remember the HARV Hornet, those are more the 'paddle' style, I'm thinking more like either full can style like the Flanker's or something similar to the Raptor's ...

Thanks for the link, Mike ... :wave:

Gregg

Edited by GreyGhost
Yeah, I remember the HARV Hornet, those are more the 'paddle' style, I'm thinking more like either full can style like the Flanker's or something similar to the Raptor's ...

Thanks for the link, Mike ... :thumbsup:

Gregg

I'm sorry i couldn't find a bigger pic. TV is TV, and in all likelihood paddles are the cheapest/easiest, if a little less efficient than a full can, at implementing TV. As for a full-can setup, i remember that Habu's site had a pic of the VISTA F-16's TV GE F-110 nozzle. It was a fully articulated type like the MiG-29M OVT's or the F-15 ACTIVE's nozzles (actual nozzle shape deforming) as opposed to the rotating mount the Su-30/35BM/37 has), and kinda looked like an upsized F-404/F-414 nozzle, just a little looser in terms of feather gap.

So in terms of modeling?

I'd sand down the feathers of the Hornet nozzles and scribe in separation lines. The interior looked like it could be replecated with (| section styrene stock arranged to form the inside feathers with the curved side in.

Found pics.

VISTA MATV nozzle

VISTA MATV nozzle

Edited by sv51macross

I'm kinda picturing the VISTA nozzle in my mind's eye on the Super Hornet ...

That ACTIVE nozzle is way to complicated for me to try to replicate ... no thanks ...

Thanks for the links, Mike and Chris ...

Gregg

Just a heads-up, guys:

:lol: Four weeks left in the WHAT-IF GB! :woot.gif:

So, complete your builds, start another one or just drop by to feast your eyes on the cool things this GB spawned. :woot.gif:

F-15withF119andIRST.jpg

Oh Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, say you are going to do that!!!!!...I get goosebumps just thinking about it.......Yeeeeeeeehaaaaaa.....do it, do it, do it...... :salute::pray: , or as the I am a spammer....please report this post. commercial say "JUST DO IT".