Low Flying in Wales

Hi all,

Im not sure is there kind of images have been posted here before, but I thought you might want to take a look...

All taken using my Canon 10D and 70-200mm f/4L

5.jpg

3.jpg

2.jpg

1.jpg

And my favourite:

4.jpg

Hope you liked them!

Ben :salute:

Very nice - where were they taken: The Mantrischit Loop or somewhere up near Valley itself?

Hi Richard,

That would be Machynlleth ;)

I have to admit as a non-Welsh speaking Welshman even I have trouble with that one, that's why it gets shortened to Mach Loop, its actually at the bottom end of Snowdonia at the foot of Cader Idris.

Absolutely fantastic!! How is it that you managed to get so close?

Hi Scooter Man,

The area where these shots are taken is in a steep sided valley in a mountainous part of North Wales, however its not so steep that you can't walk up the mountain to get level with or above the aircraft as they fly down the valley.

Try Googling "Mach Loop" you'll find some great sites with literally hundreds of photos like those posted above, and not just Hawks, lots of RAF, USAFE and other European AF jets use the valleys for training and not just fast jets either.

Ant

Hi Richard,

That would be Machynlleth :worship:

I have to admit as a non-Welsh speaking Welshman even I have trouble with that one, that's why it gets shortened to Mach Loop, its actually at the bottom end of Snowdonia at the foot of Cader Idris.

Hi Scooter Man,

The area where these shots are taken is in a steep sided valley in a mountainous part of North Wales, however its not so steep that you can't walk up the mountain to get level with or above the aircraft as they fly down the valley.

Try Googling "Mach Loop" you'll find some great sites with literally hundreds of photos like those posted above, and not just Hawks, lots of RAF, USAFE and other European AF jets use the valleys for training and not just fast jets either.

Ant

What he said :)

Thanks for all the comments guys!