VF-101 Decals in 1/48?

Hey there!

Well.. i'm planing on Buying Monograms F-14D next time i to go to Laredo,and i wanted to know if there is some decal company that sells a decal set for VF-101 Grim Reapers?

I surfed TwoBobs,but i found nothing in there.

And, if there are no decals, how can i make some on the computer? (I have a little bit of digital drawing experience under my belt)

Thanks for your Time!

-Erick.

Well, my former company VF-Decals did markings for VF-101's 2004 show birds and line birds, but that sheet sold out so freakin' fast, I had to beg and plead just to get a copy for myself.

I do have a crap ton of VF-101 last tomcat demo decals left featuring this a/c.

vf_101Retro.jpg

Hmmm that's kinda sad, i was aiming for the 2004 version :o

Well... i'll wait and see if a soul happens to own a spare one!

The VF sheets do appear on Ebay periodically. I know, not the most poular answer but..just puttin it out there. BE WARNED, there is a Chinese copy of the VF sheet (Brian and Mike's work). It is a bad copy and your conscience should step in here about buying something that is basically stolen.

JC

:cheers:

Edited by jcunny

The decal sheet in the Hasegawa F-14D "Last demo" boxing (or whatever its called) has decals for Gunfighter 164 as well as the last demo jet (Gunfighter 160). They may or may not be as accurate is the VF-decal ones (which I managed to get thank goodness), but they're printed by cartograf and are of excellent quality. These may be easier for you to find.

The decal sheet in the Hasegawa F-14D "Last demo" boxing (or whatever its called) has decals for Gunfighter 164 as well as the last demo jet (Gunfighter 160). They may or may not be as accurate is the VF-decal ones (which I managed to get thank goodness), but they're printed by cartograf and are of excellent quality. These may be easier for you to find.

Thanks for that information Skull!

I will consider asking people for spare Hasegawa decals... How much are they worth? I guess that not as much as the VF-Decal Version :banana:

I'm pretty sure I've got the Hasegawa kit with the VF-101 decals in. I'll have a look tonight. I'm going to be using aftermarket on all my Tomcats, so I'd be happy to send them to you (assuming I don't need the stencils - I need to check that out too!) Send me a PM...

Hey there!

Well.. i'm planing on Buying Monograms F-14D next time i to go to Laredo,and i wanted to know if there is some decal company that sells a decal set for VF-101 Grim Reapers?

I surfed TwoBobs,but i found nothing in there.

And, if there are no decals, how can i make some on the computer? (I have a little bit of digital drawing experience under my belt)

Thanks for your Time!

-Erick.

Not to plug myself, but I have a sheet of the VF-101 show birds on ebay right now.