You should use the killer Fightertown Decals QF-4!

Wait, did I miss that announcement? I didn't realize you were putting out QF-4 decals.

edit: okay, I just found it in your "November line up!" thread, hidden in the last line of your first post. Great news!

Edited by David Walker

No worries, David. You didn't miss it. I have dropped a couple hints and this just seemed like a perfect place to drop another. Looking at December release. Artwork later in the month. It will be quite a packed sheet and pretty comprehensive. Lot's of our little 'touches' on this puppy! Should also appeal to the fans of the various types of QF-4s - gull gray, orange tail, tps, red highlights, yellow highlights, etc!

-brian

No worries, David. You didn't miss it. I have dropped a couple hints and this just seemed like a perfect place to drop another. Looking at December release. Artwork later in the month. It will be quite a packed sheet and pretty comprehensive. Lot's of our little 'touches' on this puppy! Should also appeal to the fans of the various types of QF-4s - gull gray, orange tail, tps, red highlights, yellow highlights, etc!

-brian

:blink:

Brian strikes again :nanner::yahoo:

Thanks dudes!

I can't wait for the FT sheet!!!!!!!! But I'll still use the VX-30 markings, I can live with "Cujo" being spelled as "Chjo". It's going to go in my display case anyway....:woot.gif:

Gregg- I'm going to make Bloodhound 126, aka Cujo.

Daniel

Daniel, I have the Model Alliance decal sheet, MAS-489004, that's specifically for "Cujo" from VX-30. I planned to use it for the Phantom Group Build a year or so ago but ended up using VMFA-321 markings instead. I expect these markings are head and shoulders above the Has. decals. If you want it the sheet it's yours. Just let me know.

Edited by David Walker
Daniel, I have the Model Alliance decal sheet, MAS-489004, that's specifically for "Cujo" from VX-30. I planned to use it for the Phantom Group Build a year or so ago but ended up using VMFA-321 markings instead. I expect these markings are head and shoulders above the Has. decals. If you want it the sheet it's yours. Just let me know.

Oh wow! Yeah I'm interested. :banana:

Thanks!

PM inbound......

Okay, I'll await your pm and I should be able to get them in the mail tomorrow. The sheet covers the major markings so you'll still need the Has. stencils, if you choose to use many stencils. This plane was pretty faded. I also made notes on the instruction sheet as one decal was included on the sheet but not mentioned in the instructions.

That model All. sheet was sweet, I did mine in 1/72 but I am more then willing to check out Fightertowns in 1/48 as well.........Just think..... more then one phantom on my shelf........ :D

• 2 weeks later...

After having my NROTC recruiter bug me these last few weeks and starting a F-16, I managed to start fading the TPS. I used VF-103guy's technique and I am very pleased with the results. Now the Dark Ghost gray needs to be faded probably tomorrow or whenever this week. Pretty darn good for my first fading attempt......

DSCN2538.jpg

Daniel

Thanks dudes.

I got around to fading the Dark Ghost Gray today. I decided not to heavily weather the vertical stabilizer; I only sprayed a few touch up spots. This is gonna be sweet when I'm finished!

DSCN2539.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Daniel

Thanks dudes.

I got around to fading the Dark Ghost Gray today. I decided not to heavily weather the vertical stabilizer; I only sprayed a few touch up spots. This is gonna be sweet when I'm finished!

DSCN2539.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Daniel

Looking great man :D

For a first fading job...not too bad :)

Can't wait to see more.

AW