petition/request Revell for 1/48 Prowlers and Intruders

I'd really like to build a few of these but the $60+ they've been getting on ebay is friggin ridiculous. I just sent an email to revell telling them I want so see these kits re-released. All you have to do is send an email to cservice@revell.com . Maybe if enough of us shout, they will hear.

Is anyone with me? Discuss :cheers:

Good idea. It can't hurt to send them a few emails. You never know they just might listen. The kits disappeared from the shelves so quickly the last time they were re-released, I suspect there would be motivation for Revellogram to release them again.

Mark

Another route:

Pester a big chain of model retailers to ask them to ask Revell to break out the moulds for them. I don't know how big the amount would have to be, but Revell will do a special run for you if you order a big enough amount. I think that is more likely to get a response from Revell. They're probably more eager to dust-off the moulds for one single customer that orders a couple hundred (wild-a§$ guess) than for a couple dozen e-mails from individual buyers each buying one or two.

That's probably how HLJ did it a few weeks ago.

A German toy shop chain does that every year around Christmas. They order three kits to be re-run to be sold as a set. Two years ago it was the 1/72 CH-53G, CH-21 and CH-34 in German markings. I think Blokker (a department store chain in the Netherlands) did that with the 1/72 Revell-Monogram Thud.

I don't know whether there is or who would be that model retailer chain or even single retailer in the US that might invest that much, but it is possible. If it pays for the Dutch, it should also work in the US.

My submittal;

Revell Customer Service Department,

I am requesting Revell to re-issue the 1/48 EA-6B Prowler and the

1/48 A-6E Intruder.

Thanks,

Pete Brown

Their answer;

We have no plans at this time I will place your email in the suggestions

area.

Thanks Sean

Revell Consumer Services

800-833-3570

Blokker does this with Revell and also with Italeri! I wonder everytime how they manage to get those companies that far. In the past they sold Mirage III 1/32 only 10 euro F-105 and F-101 Rafale and Chinook of italeri.

In the Netherlands they are the only ones selling this way, we did have many toy shops dumping plastic modelling and turn over to CD games and vids. It is wise always to look in the blokker shops!

I think when we see them again we'll be about a month or so ahead of the announcemnt of a new kit from Hobbyboss or release from Trumpeter.

Look at the release of the old Revell 32nd Me-110, big scalers snapped them up, and then about a month or maybe two later Dragon announces a new tool 32nd 110C

Matt

i heard someone say in the LHS that tamiya are planning to bring out a 1/48 Ea-6B next summer. dont know where they heard it or even if they were telling the truth (might of just bin trying to sound good to the LHS owner, who knows)

anyone else heard of anything about this? or is it a load of B/S.

We have no plans at this time I will place your email in the suggestions

area.

i got the exact same responce from revell

At this point the Dutch Blokker stores are stil selling Revell and Italeri kits (got a verry nice cheap CH-53G from them :D) but I heard from my model shop they where getting to sign some sort of deal, to make there own brand, with kits manufactured by revell.

I already send something like this to revell a month ago, requesting a couple of kits, without any reply

So there may be some hope that the kits will be re-release, but for now I have enough of them, 1 EA-6B, 3 A-6E's. That takes a lot of room :D