I've built some later versions of the A-6E but now I'm looking at a 1/72 Fujimi A-6A in Vietnam era markings. The instructions say to paint the leading edge of the wings and tail planes a yellow color. Most photos I've seen from the era are black and white so it's hard to tell. I've seen some of the models in the gallery with this as well. What is it? Is there a color match? I'm looking to build the VA-85 bird off the Super Scale decal sheet if that helps.

Thanks, Steve.

He should probally check his refs for tennis balls on the gear doors too? :lol:

Cheers :woot.gif:

-Chris

gotta love the details. I've got some 1/48th resin tennis balls I could sell yo for $8.99 each :thumbsup:

I've also created some PE one's you can fold into the shape of a tennis ball LOL!

Edited by toadwbg
I do believe it was just a strip coating applied to protect the leading edges, and was actually clear when applied. It would weather yellow/brown with time.

A-6E_162182_VA-52_005.JPG

Color match? Well depends on your ref pics, just match to that.

Where wass that bird from?

looking at it, it seems to be the titusville bird....

normal_DSCF0270.JPG

perhaps not the best picture of the A-6 there but its the only one i got till december when i return

Edited by UK_tomcat_fan

It's like very thick clear tape. The color of the leading edge varies with age. It starts out almost transparent and turns brown as it sits in the sun. The museum birds that have been in the weather for eons can have it get pretty dark.

I use insignia yellow mixed with whatever color the wing is painted. I figure that gives the color the feel of yellowed transparent tape over gray.

Edited by Grey Ghost 531
I've also created some PE one's you can fold into the shape of a tennis ball LOL!

Does it include static grass for the fuzz? If not, I am outraged that you are charging almost $10! I can't believe you sold a set on Ebay for $15! How dare you! What about the children?!?! Is the high price due to the licensing fee charged by Wilson?

Pete