This was one of the most enjoyable kits I've built, right up there with Tamiyas F-117. Not a spot of putty was used,the engine hood,dropped flaps,gear and weapons aren't even glued,they fit that snug! The wheels are done with Sharpie markers as is much of the plane. I hand brushed Polyscale Flat Aluminum in differing thickness to change the coloring, then used a silver Sharpie to add more color and a more metalic look. Two coats of Future,one under and one over the decals then a Tempera paint wash. Total build time with the decals and wash was about 14 hours. I hope the Tamiya P-47 is as much fun!

100_1258.jpg

100_1256.jpg

100_1261.jpg

100_1260.jpg

100_1264.jpg

100_1263.jpg

Dayuuuum, you're fast, Sean! :rolleyes: You only just started the in-progress thread!

Nice build! :thumbsup: I've got the same kit lying around, but I'll probably go for the shark mouth option.

Are those the Tamiya decals? I've read elsewhere that the decals supplied in this very boxing were very fragile.

oh by the way.... enjoy the Tamiya P-47, many people (including myself) regard it as one of the best models out there in 1/48. i assembled and painted it in a matter of about 3 days..... a record for me. i bonkered up one of the decals so i put it aside for a while. by the way... the decals that come with ANY of the tamiya p-47s are phenominal.... as good as or better that most aftermarket in my opinion.

once again, awesome f-51, i envy your speed!

Thanks Bjorn! Does the Jug go togather as easily as the F-117? ;)

having built (but not completed) both, i'd say its lightyears ahead of the f-117. on the f-117 there is a seam where the top and bottom fueselage halves meet that took putty to fill in... with the p-47, i just buffed out the seams with some 1000 grit sandpaper after gluing it together and there is no sign of it ever being there.