Nice pics, but wouldn't these be on-topic for the legacy Hornet thread?

Although I must confess, I think I preferred the old way of doing things rather than trying to keep all of a type in one thread. 20+ page threads make it a bit difficult to find things inside...

JMO, you understand.

Although I must confess, I think I preferred the old way of doing things rather than trying to keep all of a type in one thread. 20+ page threads make it a bit difficult to find things inside...

Joe,

I suggested this a few months ago. It was a scary couple of days waiting for the mob to come over the hill with pitchforks and torches in hand as I was shouted down. Ho hum! STill I just make a note of what page it's on at any given point and don't look earlier than that these days. The early pages tend to rapidly become full of dead links to pictures (mainly from photobucket and the like- one of the reasons I still don't use services like that)

WOW!!! lots of great pics,right click save right click save right click save right click save :D

Thanks for the great shots guy's :salute: Now I know what my next project is.

Tony

Joe,

I suggested this a few months ago. It was a scary couple of days waiting for the mob to come over the hill with pitchforks and torches in hand as I was shouted down. Ho hum! STill I just make a note of what page it's on at any given point and don't look earlier than that these days. The early pages tend to rapidly become full of dead links to pictures (mainly from photobucket and the like- one of the reasons I still don't use services like that)

Well ya just can't please everyone,I think we all know that. Some like it,some don't. I know I can live with it and pictures from anywhere people choose to send them from.

Just my 2 cents

Tony

I'll add a few, such as they are.

441 Checkerbird, Maple Flag 2004

Checker.jpg

425 Squadron, Maple Flag 2005

188709_425Sqdn_MapleFlag2005.jpg

Vancouver, April 2006

188930.jpg

The next three are Vancouver, August 2005

188784_CYVR_Aug05.jpg

188766CYVRAug05.jpg

188753CYVRAug05.jpg

Missing man formation for the funeral of Sgt. Ernest "Smokey" Smith, VC. August 13th, 2005.

188MissingMan.jpg

I sure wish someone would do some decals of the 441 Sqn 60th Anniversary markings. That plane is simply stunning.

Im not 100% sure but I though CanMilAir does this scheme. His decal list is currently disabled while he rearrages his catalogue, wmburns here is the proprietor of CanMilair, send him a PM, his decals are top notch, and service second to none.

That replacement panel was on the jet the entire season for 2007. Talking with Crank, this was the first year that they did not repaint the entire jet, so the greys on the jet are two years old (the jet got a fresh coat of paint when it was flown as the demo jet in 2005). Guess he and the crew tried for a solid week to scrub the jet clean, but to no avail. Also not sure where the replacement panel came from.

Thanks for the scoop on that Colin! :thumbsup: