I´d like to share some pictures I shot during this years SAR-Meet at Kiel. It was hosted by the Marinefliegergeschwader 5 (Naval Air Squadron 5) of the german navy. The MFG 5 is using the Seaking MK.41 in multiple roles, with beeing SAR the most popular. Mission profile also includes supply and logistic flights, medevac and special forces support.

The SAR-Meet is held on a more or less regular basis (the last one has been in 2005), everytime on the last week of the so called "Kiel-week". Kiel-weekis a huge 10-day open air festival in Kiel that started as a yacht-race several decades ago (and there are still yacht races held), but now has turned into europes biggest open air party.

Let´s start with one of the "plain" Seakings of the MFG 5:

Seaking1.jpg

I took these pics because I´m pretty sure that someday I will build a Seaking with a FLIR, which would then be my 4th kit of this helo.

Seaking2.jpg

The camo-scheme is quite dark, and I´m sure a lot of this darkness is caused by dirt. :worship:

Seaking3.jpg

Several nations were invited to the SAR-Meet, and there were a lot of different Seakings present, from denmark, UK, belgium...

The most interesting bird in my eyes was the italian HH-3F Pelican.

Pelican6.jpg

The cargo-room is so big, they need their own transportation system. :worship:

Pelican1.jpg

I don´t know why they brought this special item, italy had been out of the soccer tournament already...

Pelican2.jpg

Obviously this helo or at least some of his crew have been in iraq:

Pelican4.jpg

Interesting detail: An anchor for water operations:

Pelican5.jpg

Overall a nice looking helicopter except for the radarnose, since it looks like he had ben stung by a bee:

Pelican3.jpg

A general view of the flightline, notice the dark clouds in the background, it was one of the typical Kiel-days:Cold, windy and rainy...

Lineup.jpg

This lithuanian Mi-8T had a kangaroo attached to his winch. Note that the "eastern block" helos seem to have the pilot in command on the left side,since the winch is on the left. Same goes for the polish Sokol (no pictures, sorry).

Kangaroo.jpg

This danish Seaking looks like a tourist guy: "I´ve been everywhere...."

Tourist.jpg

And finally some pictures of the flight-demo, performed by the Seaking with the special anniversary-theme "50 years of SAR".

Seaking4.jpg

Fly-by with crew waving at the spectators:

Seaking5.jpg

HAJO

• 2 months later...

Nice thread. I´ve been there too and I´ll upload some Pics later. First here are some vids of the Sea King in this years special paint-sceme flying it´s program:

taxi & start

navy-diver jumping and proposal

hoisting from lifeboat

hoisting with rescue-diver

hoisting with rescue basket

Edited by ice225

Here are the promised pics.

izpmi7xe.jpg

the star of the day - shortly before take off

4zjvarxr.jpg

airbrush on a Sea Lynx of the MFG 3

avr7mj7b.jpg

the whole helo

n5nb2x2j.jpg

a french Super Frelon

4cxd4qor.jpg

cockpit of a Sea King from Belgium

jxqmkdis.jpg

helicopter main transmission

I´ve got some more pictures of the helicopters - if you´re interested, I´ll load them up.

• 3 months later...

It seems that an ARC members meeting could have been held at the SAR meet in Kiel. I made about 120 pictures on that day and nearly expected to find me on one of Hajo's or Ice's pics .

Some more pictures of the Lithuanian MI 8:

P1040556.jpg

P1040561.jpg

P1040572.jpg

P1040574.jpg

Michael