The Fox One article says you will need to find them elsewhere, because there not in the kit...

:unsure:

I just looked in my Hasegawa RF-4B kit, it only has the Navy type wheels in both the wide and narrow variations, the instructions say not to use the narrow wheels, understandable since the kit has the late, deeper wing.

True Details offers resin replacement wheels.

Okay I just checked. Indeed I see Navy wheels only in mine (and they aren't on the wing sprue like I thought they might be. Sorry for the confusion.

Another thing I forgot about was the need for unslotted stabs to do a C model. The B has slotted stabs, but apparently it has been said they are also undersized, so just filling the slot may do the trick. Only other mod needed to the stabs are some triangular shaped reinforcement plates on them. The E model has the proper stabs for a C. Plus it has been said that the IAF RF-4E has both nose camera sprues in it by one other poster here. So if you were to get THAT kit for the sprues and use resin engine exhausts for the short RF-4C burners, you would have the proper items to do an RF-4C from an E kit without the need for a stab swap or stab modification. In my case, I may do a stab swap between by B and E kits for my C build, but I also have a set of KMC unslotted stabs I can use as well.

Okay I just checked. Indeed I see Navy wheels only in mine. Another thing I forgot about was the need for unslotted stabs to do a C model. The B has slotted stabs, but apparently it has been said they are also undersized, so just filling the slot may do the trick. Only other mod needed to the stabs are some triangular shaped reinforcement plates on them.

I've got the Hasegawa RF-4B and Revellogawa F-4M (FGR.2). I have swapped the stabs and and thick wheels to get an RF-4C and F-4K (FG1), respectively. You will need to rework the cockpit a little and must remove the strengthening strips from the stabs and add the triangular shaped reinforcement plates for an RF-4C from c.1974 onwards (some later having them removed, or relocated to the underside, during a stab update starting early 1980s). The NLG door should be the one with the two big landing lights inset in rectangles with the lights at top, antenna below (cf F-4C/D jets which had the lights at bottom, antenna further up).

My RF-4B came with both nose hatch arrangements (flat or rounded) and with short nozzles applicable to the RF-4C.

Voila. But if you're not into the FG1/F-4K you might be better off getting a Revellogram F-4C/D re-release for the stabs and wheels and some of the Vietnam era goodies in there, like the ALQ-101 jamming pod, LORAN antenna etc etc