C-141A and C-141B 1/72 Anigrand

Well I started Anigrands 1/72 C-141A and C-141B models.

The C-141A is a real disapointment far as quilty. I think quilty control was taking a nap after there mid-morning milk and cookie break on the kit I got. All 8 main landing wheels are out of round, if sanaded will be a smaller size. Little parts were clobbed with resin and had to be carved to shape removing the chunks from seats, engine halfs, gear doors and few other things. Pin holes. pinholes and moon craters to fill up.

Looking at pics below the fit if the C-141A front halfs to the rear halfs are way out of alingment. Around where the landing skirt goes is a major misalignemnt aslo. Just alot of extra work for the price. C-141B was alot better just there was no decals with the kit and a email sent to Nostalgic Plastic still unanswered for about 3 weeks now about the missing decals. I sent a email to Anigrand to get the decals direct from Arnold. Thinking of going back buying direct from Arnold for all his products. Enough of the whinning about things time to build..........

MVC-014S-2.jpg

Parts all washed with lacquer thinner and cleaned up chunks and seems sanded.

MVC-018S-1.jpg

Edited by ResinBuilder

Working on sanding the 8 engines and trying to get the C-141A back half flush with the front half.

Will post more pics of this wounderufl journey here real soon.

Kinda wishing I would of started the CMK Shorts flying boat now!! Or even the Amodel Tu-114 and the Moss also.

Thanks for looking and tell later.................

Nice work! Can I just ask what sort of glue do you use for these resin kits, esp to glue the fuselage halves together? Thanks in advance.

Thanks all for the comments!

JackMan,

I use super glue. Make sure everything is real clean free from mold release and sanding dust before gluing togather with superglue.

HTH

I have the "B" model, but the cockpit windows look too big.

I have not even took the clear out of the boxes yet. Be the last thing I put on before primer goes on the planes. I got alot of filling and sanding done the past few days. got some rescribing done also. Hoping to get wings on them both tonight as they are all sanded and ready to mount.

Will post pics in a few days. Heading to the IPMS Gateway Show in St. Louis this Saturday.

Thanks all for playing along,

After a great time in St Louis at the IPMS Gate Way contest and swap meet , where I go for the green and not the gold. Sales was good, bought a good number of kits and books.

Sunday got wings glued on. still doing a little putty work here and there. Starting to take shape. The clear resin cockpit canopy on the A model is cracked and really do not want to email Nostgalic Plastic about it as he never answers his emails about anything except when there is money involved it seems.

Well back to the pics.......... Thanks all for looking

MVC-030S-1.jpg

MVC-029S-1.jpg

MVC-031S-1.jpg

MVC-032S.jpg

Well it looks good so far. I'm sure you'll have them in shape in no time and finished to your usual high standard. ;)

I just received their C-74 1/144 kit. Hope it doesn't have the fit issues, but I already see the same molded chunky thing happening.

Rick L.

Just FYI, Scott VanAiken has built one of the "A's" and had the same problems with it as you are. He's done a pretty thorough review on Modeling Madness...

HTH,

Mike

I spoke with Scott at the Gateway Show in St. Louis and he has had the same problems as I have. But there response to him about quilty control was......... It does not matter I will sell every one of them. Now I do not know if that reply came from Anigrand or that Nostaglic Plastic guy (Anigrand USA). But anyway getting to where Iam about ready to give up on the Anigrand brand due to quilty of his kits as of late, with that much pinholes and having to carve parts from chunks of resin best to just build a vacuform kit.

Well got all the putty work done and resribed the best that I could do.

Decided to paint the windows black due to the crack resin canopy on one and the crappy fit of both of them, plus they might be oversized also....who knows. Engines are all sanded and ready for primer also. Thanks all for looking and comments

Anyway on with the pics.

putty work

MVC-032S-1.jpg

MVC-031S-2.jpg

both all primed up

MVC-040S.jpg

Great job on making a mediocre model look great so far! I will have to make a mental note not to purchase from that company. I am not very skilled yet and would hate to spend money on shoddy work!

Paint Progress on the 1/72 C-141A and B

White and gray shot on A model, now for the fun part, get to paint all the little stuff now since the main airframes are shot. Will let dry few days before going onto the silver leading edges and the black or dark blue (gotta check) cheater stripe, black radome A model different shade of green for B model and windows on both models. That gloss enamel MM gray seems to linger around for awhile and stay tacky for awhile too. I bought rolls of cash register paper to use for smaller masking works really great!

Thanks for looking and comments.............

MVC-018S-3.jpg

Both A and B models

MVC-019S-2.jpg

Well it looks good so far. I'm sure you'll have them in shape in no time and finished to your usual high standard. :thumbsup:

I just received their C-74 1/144 kit. Hope it doesn't have the fit issues, but I already see the same molded chunky thing happening.

Rick L.

Did you get the kit direct from Anigrand or from Nost. Plastic as Iam starting to wounder if Nost. Plastic gets seconds, as I have seen kits from Anigrand be better quilty far as pin holes and chunks misaligned wheels and such then the same a/c from Nost. Plastic, Was just woundering.....Thanks

Well after being up and down for a short while with a back problem I finaly got some work done to both of them. Engines painted, tires, wheels, landing gear, gear doors inner and outter painted and radome painted on both the A and B models.

Few things that's left is the leading edges on the A model (silver), touchup on the underside of the B and the little bumbs and lights there about . And the painted windscreen and whatever else I missed to paint. Decals and glue evrything on.

Not to bad for under a months work so far for the 2

On with the pics.

Good use of a old Squadron Flyer and Netflix leftovers (Doing my part to recycle!)

MVC-022S-2.jpg

Wheels, gear, gear doors, B model engines silver painted

MVC-021S-1.jpg

Radomes shot to help aid in alignment of windows

MVC-023S-2.jpg

Getting ready to touchup underside of B and A model looking pretty

MVC-024S-2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

All parts are painted, clear gloss applied just soon as dry then ready for decals for both A snd B models. Cheat line and wing walks for A model. After all that final clear coat and add the other parts. Thanks all for looking and comments...........

MVC-023S-3.jpg

MVC-022S-3.jpg

Very nice work and more power to you for dealing with all the faults in those kits. I've seen some of your other builds and have a lot of respect for your abilities.

I hate to say anything negative, but since you asked for comments and opinions... I feel I have to comment on your interior color choices. I was a C-141 crewchief and flight engineer from 1978-86, the time period covering both the C-141A in the white and gray scheme and the C-141B in the Euro I "Lizard" scheme. During that time, I never saw a C-141 with blue seats and cushions--they were orange. The interior colors of both the flight deck and cargo compartment was a very light green, not gray.

The cheatline on the gray and white scheme was a very dark blue. The natural metal LE panels started outboard of the heat exchanger intake panels.

Respectfully,

Karl