Another build for this GB...hope can finished it on time

This is 1/48 Hasegawa Colourful CAG Birds Corsair. The kit is reissue with new decal sheet to make the new marking. All of the tooling are still old... dated back in 1987. Recess panel lines, with many flash plastic here and there... fitting is going to be ok and i expected a few putty job after dry fitting. The cockpit is too basic and the standard is way off even if i'm now living in the 80s. SO i decided to get AM parts, Aires Cockpit set.

Some of the work were started a month ago and some of the photos also were taken way back then...

Here is the almost complete cockpit, dry fitting in the fuselage...

img_2136.jpg

more photos..

the fit of the cockpit tub inside the fuselage.

img139.jpg

I have to shave and modified the bottom of the tub as well as the intake in order to fit the tub perfectly. I still need to thin some more coz the is a few mm high..

close up shoot:

img140.jpg

img142.jpg

Comparison between the original and resin

img144.jpg

Aires instruction asked me to shave the entire original kit panel and ended up with this large gap

img143.jpg

I will fill this with plastic. no big deal but better be careful next time...dry fitting first!!

the escapac ejection seat

img146.jpg

the panel at the back of the canopy

img147.jpg

The canopy is really out of shape and while trying to repair it, i accidentally did a irreversible damage... :bandhead2:

try to repair it soon... kalau boleh

anyway, here's some photos of the painted cockpit. I can say it's 85% complete. Dont like the way the cockpit looks like...

img655.jpg

img656.jpg

comments and suggestion are welcome

thanks

DG

Edited by DewaGanaZ

thanks guys....

some updates :

The painted nozzles.. since most of it wont be visible i just give a coat of Mr Metal.

15092008007.jpg

Small weathering inside the nozzle 'well'

15092008008.jpg

and then i glue both half.... with cement, CA and accelerator, the process took almost 20 minutes to complete.

and later i found this

15092008009.jpg

something that i expected but not looking forward to it..

Afterthis more sanding and filling ...

that's for now...

thanks

Hmmm... I'm kinda glad I didn't have as much a fit problem on the intake as you have... I had a bit of a step but after sanding it was unnoticeable.

Nice work on the inside seems... so nice and smooth :-)

Keep those pictures coming :-)

-Greg

I have to say that this kit held a real surprise for me. I know it's a 'older' mold and all but so is the F-4G I built... yet this one is a real pain in the arse. The fit in many of the areas is not very good at all. Very surprising to me as I have read many reviews talking about how great the kit is and how it all falls together... well it doesn't fall together at all and does need quite a bit of work to get it looking just right. The gap you show above in front of the air intake is indeed very large... I have a very small crevice nothing more so I guess I got lucky. I'm not even sure if I'll fill it in. Once the black panel lines are in it all comes together quite nicely and such 'black' gaps look and blend into the panel lines. Ah well... i guess all the work will just mean we'll get that much more pleasure from the finished product /wink...

-Greg

Greg,

i guessed there is a black duck in every ducks.. huhuhuh

Anyway, last night i observed the entire fuselage join. And i noticed this weird shape of the intake...

IMG_4884.jpg it's not even

For sure this will be send for nose job... arghhhhhhhhhhhhh

and later while having a last look before i went asleep, i noticed both the side wall of the fuselage near the intake was cracked!!! I assumed this may be resulted from stress or pressure ... so much things to be done next ... hmmmmmmmm

and thanks guys for your words... the cockpit is such a jewel..

Ugh... ya I see it... wow that's just weird. perhaps the plastic was warped...? man you got a bit of a nose job on your hands for sure. Frankly I can't decided if I want to keep the 'demarcation' line between the lip and the smooth intake. The real jet does have a panel line here ... I could just fill it in and sand it smooth for sure, but I'm not sure I want to... it would definitely make the intake look funny as I would most likely sand away about 2mm to get it all perfectly flush... then the thickness of the intake lip would be off... man I hate decisions like this...

-Greg