Wings Over Houston '08'

Let me ask a question . Is it common practice to have your post changed to read that I'm a spammer because I mentioned a camera type as in my first post? Not both camera, only one. What's the deal?

Hi Eddie,

In the past I found that spammers all used simular words in their posts. So I entered the most common words used by spammers and now the programs will replace thoise words with the phrase "I am a spammer.....please report this post.

If you want to mention the camera used......just modify your words slightly and they will not be replace by the spam filters.....for instance

C.anon

S.ony

N.ikon

I hope this makes sense.

On a positive note.....it is amusing as heck when a spammer is forced to sign up manually on the forums here because I block the spammer programs from posting.....then this poor spammer finally gets signed up and the words in his post are all replaced with the phrase "I am a spammer...please report this post."

The spammers don't visit ARC much anymore. :)

Thank y'all for the explaination for what happened. I got to work and had a "DOH :cheers: " moment when I finally realized it might be a program to stop spammers. My apologizes for posting before the first cup of joe.

More photos on the way tonight. More of Glacier girl as well.

The T-birds did very well! This year I only shot one 24 roll of 35mm because I wanted to actually watch the show for the 1st time in 10 years, so I only got a few good ones.

Thanks for the comments Gents. I really appreciate it!

Edited by Eddie M.
Thank y'all for the explaination for what happened. I got to work and had a "DOH :) " moment when I finally realized it might be a program to stop spammers. My apologizes for posting before the first cup of joe.

More photos on the way tonight. More of Glacier girl as well.

The T-birds did very well! This year I only shot one 24 roll of 35mm because I wanted to actually watch the show for the 1st time in 10 years, so I only got a few good ones.

Thanks for the comments Gents. I really appreciate it!

Hi Eddie,

Great shots.

I would be interested to know the following,

1.Type of Camera.

2.Film or Digital.

3.Any special settings.

Thanks, Alan