Saudi Tiffie...

Some of you may have seen my little thread about Saudi decals a few weeks ago. Thought you might all want to see the result of my labours:

n626415050_4827974_5754.jpg

The Barley Grey is correct, but I did some licence with the Medium Sea Grey as the correct shade would have been far too dark. Camo patterns are taken from engineering drawings of the scheme. Decals are as close as I could get them in the time allowed.

Edited by Bobski
The Barley Grey is correct, but I did some licence with the Medium Sea Grey as the correct shade would have been far too dark.

(que sinister music here...) HORRORS! You mean... don't say it.... it can't be true, can it? SCALE COLOR EFFECT IS REAL!?!?!?!

:woot.gif:

J

Bl00dy hell, Bobski. That was quick!!! Nice to see a Typhoon in a different colour scheme.

A few people said the same thing at Telford. Of course, it helped that I was able to walkaround the jet about 2 weeks before the photos went public...

Please tell me that's just a sick joke to rattle my cage? ;)

"Check Six....."

Spooky.

No joke, I got to see it in the hangar before it flew. Call it a perk of the job...

Edited by Bobski
No joke, I got to see it in the hangar before it flew. Call it a perk of the job...

Hmmm, just received a fax saying:

* You should notify me in the future regarding such an event

* You need to invite me & arrange for a full sightseeing-tour and photo-pass in such case

* You owe me a bottle of wiskey for not doing so in the past ("Highland Park - 18y", will do nicely...)

:thumbsup:

"Check Six....."

Spooky.

Hmmm, just received a fax saying:

* You should notify me in the future regarding such an event

* You need to invite me & arrange for a full sightseeing-tour and photo-pass in such case

* You owe me a bottle of wiskey for not doing so in the past ("Highland Park - 18y", will do nicely...)

:thumbsup:

"Check Six....."

Spooky.

Hahaha! I can't even do a full sightseeing tour and photo pass for myself, and I work there!

Hahaha! I can't even do a full sightseeing tour and photo pass for myself, and I work there!

Well, if it help's; I am cleared "NATO Secret"...

Sure that must mean something... :cheers:

"Check Six....."

Spooky.

P.S.: and if somebody comes up with that "need to know basis" stuff...

I NEED TO KNOW !!!!!

:lol:

Well, if it help's; I am cleared "NATO Secret"...

Sure that must mean something... :o

"Check Six....."

Spooky.

P.S.: and if somebody comes up with that "need to know basis" stuff...

I NEED TO KNOW !!!!!

:)

To be honest, you can get some pretty decent pics online from the various photographers who take pictures of the jets over the fence. That's where I get all my Warton photos from!