1/32 Kanonenvogel Stuka, in winter dress

Howdy folks - well, I've finally finished this 1/32 Hasegawa Stuka G2, with Eduard's interior/exterior PE sets, Voyager model's metal barrels, and an Eaglecal decal set. This was Hans Ulrich Rudel's bird, but I decided to put it in winter distemper as well (I didn't find any pics of this specific aircraft in distemper so I took a bit of liberty here). Looking at some pics of winterized Stukas (super dirty, of course) towards the end of the war I couldn't resist the chance to weather to the extreme. The original build article started some months back (also with a resin engine, which I abandoned since crafting replacement cowling panels was going to be such a bear), and is available here: http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index....30&hl=stuka.

Hope you like it. It sure was a fun and time-absorbing build.

Full view:

PICT0375.jpg

PICT0252.jpg

Some views closer in of the weathering on the beast. The whole process took a very long time:

PICT0263.jpg

PICT0243.jpg

PICT0283.jpg

PICT0280.jpg

More pics to come...

Edited by jcfay

Alright, here's some more.

Pics of the cockpit:

PICT0210.jpg

This shot shows the high-quality Hasegawa canopy, and the great canopy interior decals, as well (mixed with some paint, of course):

PICT0269.jpg

A good view of the instrument panel and radios:

PICT0412.jpg

Some more sidewall detail through the excellent transparencies:

PICT0414.jpg

Some shots of the underside. Also visible is the Eduard radiator replacement details:

PICT0221.jpg

More Eduard detail:

PICT0362.jpg

Next will be the guns...

Here's the guns. The include a bunch of Eduard details as well as scratch-built piping and tubes. And of course then they're weathered pretty heavily too...

PICT0239.jpg

PICT0295.jpg

PICT0329.jpg

PICT0357-1.jpg

And, just one quick shot of part of my inspiration for this thing. A pic of a super-dirty stuka:

PICT0389.jpg

Thanks for looking,

JON

Wow ! :thumbsup: It's really an outstanding build! Very nice paint job and weathering. Looks very realistic!

So crisp and flawless interior and all other details! Top notch! Congrats!

Cheers and happy modeling!

Alexander.

:)

That is just AMAZING modelling/painting work. I hope you are (somehow, mirror base, maybe?) going to display this so that all your meticulous work on the underside is visible.

Outstanding, inspiring work! :worship: -Rob

Thanks all for the very kind words. The build took a long, long time (I've got a bit of modelling-syndrome, if you know what I'm saying) but I think it turned out pretty well. I'm thinking about now generating up a hardstand display of some sort with snow and mud, etc., as I've picked up some nice resin goodies to complement a bit of a diorama (1/32 oil cart, a pilot and mechanic figure, some oil drums and wood crates), but it might be nice to also include a mirror as Rob suggested somehow to show off the bottom (not sure how I'd do this, but great idea though...).

Again, thanks everyone, and hope there's not too much snow falling wherever you are! (I'm in So. California today so no snow here).

JON