Your 110 looks great! Its one of my favorites (although I only have built the 1/48 Monogram/Revell kit). My only question is whether or not the prop spinners would have been black or RLM 70 Black Green? Looks good either way!

Aaron

Arrg ;) You're right, should have been RLM 70. However, it't going to be too complicated to re-paint it as the spinners have been glued. Oh well, that's one for you Sir. Game on...

-Al :lol:

Al, even a quick masking to cover the engine necells behind the spinner and a light application of a dark green pastel chalk hit with a dullcoat/semi-gloss coat might just do the trick. Think it might work?

Possibly, I could always try to pry the cap off the spinner plate and see what gives. Anyway, it would seem I made a deep scratch on one of the spinners (in the white area). I would have to apply some Mr Surfacer on that one and re-paint. What the heck, this build is going on 6 months anyway right? heheheh who's in a hurry...

-Al

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Chuck..

Working on the decals, a bit at a time, this is still WIP, but coming along nicely. I have also re-painted the spinners, and worked on the wheels. I have slightly damaged the rear wheel when I glued it to it's strut. The glue ran and ruined the paint, so I'll be painting the rear wheel again this weekend. Oh well, this is turning out so nice, I don't want to rush it.

020-1.jpg

021-1.jpg

022-1.jpg

023-1.jpg

Cheers and thanks for looking!

-Al

Thanks guys and Thanks too Chris;

I try to present my WIP for beginers in case they want to try something new, but also for me as how I went about it in case I forget how I went about something, and believe me, I forget things at times.

I have been using adhesive copper foils latetly for cable securing and breakline securing to the landing gear struts. This copper foil is found at stores supplying materials for stain glass work. It is very thin, but also very adhesive. $4.00 will last me a life time. I first used this to copper the lower hull of my HMS Victory wood model. Very effective. I also have the aluminum furnace foil, but it's 3 times as thick and not as adhesive.

Thanks again for the kind comments.

-Al

Hi again;

My lovely wife felt sorry for me as I lost my work space and storage area, so she took me out yesterday to find a new storage solution. We found this gorgeous stainless steel tool chest, which now resides in the dining room next to the table.

DSCN0403.jpg

DSCN0404.jpg

Lots of storage now! When our son moves out, I'll have a room to work in again. Here's to keeping the hope and the dream alive!!

In the mean time, I have been adding more decals and thought I would try my hand with PE bending. The piece is the frame surrounding the windsheild's armoured glass. I folded it, and did a dry fit at this stage. I have the Mr Metal or something of the likes to coat it prior to painting.

DSCN0405.jpg

DSCN0406.jpg

DSCN0408.jpg

DSCN0410.jpg

-Al

Edited by Blackcollar

Thanks guys;

Yes, she sure is an awesome wife! This new tool chest is making my life easier adn that is for certain, I would recommend this one to all with a small space.

I told my cat about this project, and he promptly feel asleep. So it's not just the majority of members igoring this thread, but my close supporters as well...!

DSCN0414.jpg

I have been plugging away on the 110 this weekend, lots more decals went on, the frame numbering, etc.

But as you know, the devil is in the details, so here are only some of the details:

HPIM0305.jpg

The wheels were a particularly difficult stage. I tried to paint the red stripe, but seriously missed it. I had to strip the wheels and did a complete re-paint. This time around, I used a fine cut of a red decal. This time it worked perfectly. Of course, at this point all items are still at the gloss coat stage. Matt coat to yet come.

Cheers, and thanks for looking and keeping me motivated!

Have a great week all!!

-Al

Go, Al go! This is looking great- gonna stick a chunk of acetate in that frame? Your wife is a real keeper- what a great storage solution!

Cheers-

chuk

You know Chuk, you might have something there. I dry fitted the plastic piece which came with the kit, and it has a mark across it. I was wondering as I went to bed last night, how I was going to fit this, and how the overall fit against the windshield would look like. A thin piece of acetate would solve the problem, and ensure a better fit. Once again, you are the man, thanks for the suggestion.

I think I will use "Future" aka "Klear" to bond the acetate to the frame. What do you think?

-Al

Wow lovey work mate!

I love the tool chest!! Might have to look at something like that. That pe-bending thing is neat. Where did you get that from?

David

Hey thanks David;

As for the PE workstation, I got it from the smallshop at:

http://thesmallshop.com/index.php?main_pag...p;products_id=8

I got the long one to be able to make lengthy bends. I am very pleased with the tool, it is very well crafted and performs flaslessly. The tool also comes with a long blade to make a 8" long bend by reversing the top plate 180°.

-Al

Hi Folks;

Well I took my grassinator to work this morning to have it double checked by one of our electronic technician. When I tried it, nothing worked right, so I thought the power supply might be defective. So a friend looked things over. As I don't know anything about electronics, I thought a connection is as good as anohter. WRONG!

As it turned out, my wires going from the female plug were not soldered in the right locations. There are 3 prongs, one positive, negative and of course a ground. Turned out one of my wires was connected to the ground, and my positive to the negative. Using a meter, we found the power supply was good, we figured out I did get 14 amps of power and 740 volts at the business end.

DSCN0374.jpg

One more thing was wrong however, the switch given to me, turned out to be a switch which only worked when depressed. So I bought the proper rocker switch.

Here is the result. I used a simple cardboard with a staple to which I connected the negative wire. For this test, plain white glue was used. The static grass stands straight up as advertised. Thanks to Z-Trains for having posted the article. Total cost, less than $30 Cdn. A new negative ion generator tool seels fo $180 on the web. A good project producing fantastic results.

001.jpg

The result was perfect. I highly recommend this project to everyone.

Cheers

-Al

Hi Folks;

With H1N1 going wild out there, I'll say, keep you heads down...

Well, this afternoon, I applied the promodeller dark wash. For those who have never used a wash, here's a quick "how to".

Prior to wash

001-1.jpg

Easy application of the wash using a brush, then let dry

003.jpg

Once dry, carefully wipe off excess with a damp tissue/cotton swab

004.jpg

005.jpg

Notice the nice effect on the prop spinner, and lower end of prop blades. Very subtle and effective.

006.jpg

Next, a flat coat to seal everything.

Cheers and thanks for looking.

-Al