My 5 cents for Tomcat No. II build

Revell Tomcat 1/48, rescribed, All stuff needed to make Bravo cat, added, Will use Eduard PE parts

the begining - 2 weeks ago

1.jpg

2.jpg

unil now, models is as you can see rescribed completely

more progress in next few days

Edited by Tomcat Fan

I think that it is the hardest thing in all of modeling. Scribing takes so much time and precision. I think that the F-105 has to be the hardest thing I have ever seen to rescribe, so hats off to you. How do you do it? What tricks have you learned?

Some progres in past week.

Painted up, Eduard PE parts for exteriot put on, did some paint patch work, hope it is enought, 2 hours ago, puf coat of future over it.. I'm about to start decaling it in next few days....

1-1.jpg

2-1.jpg

3-1.jpg

Very nice, and thanks for using the VF-Decals sheet!

Victory 100 was one of my favorite jets in the squadron and I couldn't wait for us to get it on the sheet.

One thing about the fuselage bands. They actually fall below the skunk stripe, so you may want to trim a little off the top.

When Mike did the art work for them, he intentionally over sized them so they could be placed accordingly.

I always remove horisontal stabs from the kit and re attach them whith steel rod diam 1 mm, hole drilled in to stab and in to fuselage, then when everithing is complete, attach them maybe some super glue, and ofcourse alighn them in droped down position as on sitting on tarmac...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...