Hear-Ye! Hear-Ye! The endeth draw near!

Fooey, my really good builds never get done for these things.

Oh well, time to finish off a quick one instead, rather than rush a nice submission for "Silly Week" instead.

Alvis 3.1

........Neeeeeeed an Extention Pleeeeaasse kind Sirs - one week only !

(it's a ***** when you runn out of paint on night shift)

Edited by ixgr1

I'm afraid there won't be an extension. Although I haven't talked to the Mods specifically, Steve Filak's GUIDELINES ON GROUP BUILDS are pretty specific regarding time frame (fourth paragraph):

"The maximum amount of time allotted to any group build is six months."

So, sorry folks. :D I guess the Mods will want to stick to this rule. Otherwise this will set a precedent for other GBs extensions.

What we could hope is that we make the What-If GB an annual event. :) Or maybe every one and a half years. I believe there was enough interest in this GB to eventually run a What-If GB II. And it's happened with other popular GBs before.

Edited by ChernayaAkula
I'm afraid there won't be an extension. Although I haven't talked to the Mods specifically, Steve Filak's GUIDELINES ON GROUP BUILDS are pretty specific regarding time frame (fourth paragraph):

"The maximum amount of time allotted to any group build is six months."

So, sorry folks. :D I guess the Mods will want to stick to this rule. Otherwise this will set a precedent for other GBs extensions.

What we could hope is that we make the What-If GB an annual event. :) Or maybe every one and a half years. I believe there was enough interest in this GB to eventually run a What-If GB II.

benjo and I want to get the ball rolling on a Ace Combat GB.

A Whif GB II would work for me, and I know thatr superhornet1015 would go for it as well.

He has a Whif about half done, but couldn't find the time to finish it..

Keep us posted.....

Cheers, Ian

What we could hope is that we make the What-If GB an annual event. :whistle: Or maybe every one and a half years. I believe there was enough interest in this GB to eventually run a What-If GB II. And it's happened with other popular GBs before.

I'm all for a What-If GB II. :cheers: I'd say this GB was definitely popular enough to warrant a second one.

I'm all for a What-If GB II. :whistle: I'd say this GB was definitely popular enough to warrant a second one.

I'm game for a What-If GB II - I like ChernayaAkula's idea of an annual or 1.5 annum GB.

Illithid00 - what's a ProBoards forum? Would it link to ARC or be entirely separate?

And would we continue the builds in the ended GB forum, or move / repost the progress in the Sci-Fi / Jet Modelling / Airliner forums?

So many questions! It's my first GB...

Edited by danse
I'm game for a What-If GB II - I like ChernayaAkula's idea of an annual or 1.5 annum GB.

Illithid00 - what's a ProBoards forum? Would it link to ARC or be entirely separate?

And would we continue the builds in the ended GB forum, or move / repost the progress in the Sci-Fi / Jet Modelling / Airliner forums?

So many questions! It's my first GB...

It's a different forum through the proboards website, so it would be entirely separate from ARC. Basically, it would be creating a whole new forum site, requiring registering and all that. I could set it up if people are interested, but like I said, it would require anyone wanting to participate to register on a brand new site.

I'm not sure if we would be able to keep posting in the What-If GB forum here on ARC after it ends, though. I think the new policy is to delete the forums of group builds that have ended so ARC doesn't implode again.

How many of us are members of the What-If SIG? Why can't we continue this over there?

That site is dedicated to pretty much anything Whif. I go there every once in a while to check things out.

Just a thought...

Cheers, Ian

If any of you guys want to keep their in-progress threads active, I guess you could contact a "high-level" Mod (I can only edit things in the "What If GB" subforum) and ask them to move your thread to the "In-Progress" subforum. Or you could start your own "new" thread there.

Well, I have my "what if" half done,had to get my oldest boy from Albany,NY (He's going to college there),so I didn't have enough time to finish it. :thumbsup::worship: Guess I'll have to wait for the next Whif build.

Pete

When you get it done, file it under "What-If I had gotten this done sooner". Lots of my stuff ends up under that....Including my really funny one for the What-If build. :(

Alvis 3.1

How many of us are members of the What-If SIG? Why can't we continue this over there?

That site is dedicated to pretty much anything Whif. I go there every once in a while to check things out.

Just a thought...

Cheers, Ian

Yeah, I tried joining... twice, after they revamped their forums. Didn't get a response to activate my account either time. I've given up on them, and will focus on ARC instead.

If any of you guys want to keep their in-progress threads active, I guess you could contact a "high-level" Mod (I can only edit things in the "What If GB" subforum) and ask them to move your thread to the "In-Progress" subforum. Or you could start your own "new" thread there.

Right-o. Which Mod should we send a message to, to shift the threads from the GB to the In-Progress critique area? And while I'm at it, how do you change the title of your thread, and the sub-title? I could never find a link to do that...

Am I correct in thinking that June 2 is when all the unfinished threads get deleted and only the completed model posts remain? (illithid00 mentioned ARC imploding before... too many threads?) And if so, would today / tomorrow be the time to copy our posts to a new thread in the In-Progress area if a Mod doesn't move the original thread?

It's a different forum through the proboards website, so it would be entirely separate from ARC. Basically, it would be creating a whole new forum site, requiring registering and all that. I could set it up if people are interested, but like I said, it would require anyone wanting to participate to register on a brand new site.

I think it's a great offer, illithid00, but it's a lot of work for an unknown number of people willing to continue their builds. Perhaps we should just take responsibility for our own builds / threads if we want to continue them on ARC? Just a suggestion...?

Thanks, all, for organising this!

Edited by danse
Right-o. Which Mod should we send a message to, to shift the threads from the GB to the In-Progress critique area? And while I'm at it, how do you change the title of your thread, and the sub-title? I could never find a link to do that...

Am I correct in thinking that June 2 is when all the unfinished threads get deleted and only the completed model posts remain? (illithid00 mentioned ARC imploding before... too many threads?) And if so, would today / tomorrow be the time to copy our posts to a new thread in the In-Progress area if a Mod doesn't move the original thread?

I think it's a great offer, illithid00, but it's a lot of work for an unknown number of people willing to continue their builds. Perhaps we should just take responsibility for our own builds / threads if we want to continue them on ARC? Just a suggestion...?

Thanks, all, for organising this!

If you use the 'report post' button, and write a note that you'd like the thread moved to In-Progress, the mods can move it for you. I'm not sure if it'll get deleted exactly on June 2, but probably not too long after that.

IIRC, the forums imploded because there were way too many subforums, rather than too many threads. So, now the old GB subforums get removed.

As for the forum, yeah, I figured it'd be a lot of work, but I figured I might as well put the offer out there for anyone interested. It's not too hard to set up one of those free forums, but I doubt too many people would be willing to sign up.

Thanks for participating!