2008 Mustang 'Bullitt' in-prog

Hey Gang,

Sorry for the lack of updates. The family and I were out of town for vacation a couple of weeks ago, coupled with the madness around the 4th of July holiday, there hasn't been much time to work on the Bullitt. I did manage to get the rims finished and mounted to the tires (a nice set of low profile 18" tires from an AMT Toyota Supra kit that look far better than the tires that came in the kit). The only thing left to do is prime and paint the body (which should have been done first...). I'll have a couple of photos to post later today.

Cheers,

Alby

Edited by Albert Moore
I haz a speeling problum...

As promised here is the latest update on the Bullitt. The rims were stripped of their chrome via Liquid Plumber and repainted Model Master Titanium Metalizer (unbuffed). After the Titanium dried, I sprayed a few coats of Future for a gloss coat to seal the finish and give the rims a nice shine. Silver paint from the square jar was applied to the outer edge and also the dust cap and lug nuts. Mustang logos from the kit decal sheet were applied the dust caps, thus finishing the rims. The tires are from AMT's Toyota Supra kit;

100_4399.jpg

Close up;

100_4401.jpg

As a final touch for the interior, two CDs cases were made and laid on the passenger seat. Bonus point to who can identify which CDs these are; :thumbsup:

100_4405.jpg

Next update will the painted body. Thanks for looking!

Cheers,

Alby

Wow Alby, you nailed the wheels! That colour combo is perfect and the low profile tyres really set the whole lot off. Are you going to put the tyre valves in the wheels?

As a final touch for the interior, two CDs cases were made and laid on the passenger seat. Bonus point to who can identify which CDs these are; ;)

Cheers,

Alby

Hmm,.....I can't guess the CDs but I had another thought......you know you've just got to put a can of Cola in the drinks holder don't you? :lol:

I'm eager to see how this one comes together now, she's looking real purty... :doh:

:)

Alby:

That's a sweet looking Mustang. The rims are amazing. They look exactly like the rims on my '02 GT.

As for the cd's, I know the top one is 2112 by Rush. The bottom one looks like Dreams, Dreams, Dreams by Chilliwack.

Great work.

Mike

Wow Alby, you nailed the wheels! That colour combo is perfect and the low profile tyres really set the whole lot off. Are you going to put the tyre valves in the wheels?

Hmm,.....I can't guess the CDs but I had another thought......you know you've just got to put a can of Cola in the drinks holder don't you? :lol:

I'm eager to see how this one comes together now, she's looking real purty... :monkeydance:

:salute:

Hi Guy,

Thanks for the kudos! A member over at the Model Cars Magazine forum suggested the tires from the Supra kit when I showed my in-prog photos there. They really do improve the overall appearance of the model. As for the valve stems, not adding them this time. I'm afraid of mucking up the rims!

wow, great work Alby - those wheels look awesome - great AIM-9 seeker head color!

How'd you make the CD cases? Hard to tell, but are they plastic cases with paper "inserts"?

Thanks bro! You're right about the color as that is the color I Use on the seeker heads on my Sidewinders as well. The cases are made from laminating a miniature photo of a CD cover, and then using strip styrene for black portion of the case. Thanks again!

Alby:

That's a sweet looking Mustang. The rims are amazing. They look exactly like the rims on my '02 GT.

As for the cd's, I know the top one is 2112 by Rush. The bottom one looks like Dreams, Dreams, Dreams by Chilliwack.

Great work.

Mike

Hi Mike,

Thank you for the kind comments. Glad to hear I did the rims right as I mulled over the color for a while before settling with the Titanium metalizer. My next choice was Metallic Anthracite Gray.

You nailed the top CD, but the lower is Ride The Lightning from Metallica. Gotta have some old-school Thrash in the CD player! :monkeydance:

Thanks again everyone for the compliments!

Cheers,

Alby

• 2 weeks later...

We has a green pony car! After one try and fail, the body was stripped and repainted (the first go around didn't go so well). This go around involved applying three coats of Dupli-Color sandable primer/sealer and then wet sanding it to level the surface for the color coats. The color coats were added today, eight total (three mist coats, followed by five heavy wet coats). Here are the results;

Primer coats (gray, very gray)-

100_4484.jpg

100_4485.jpg

100_4486.jpg

Now the color coats. The color is Model Master British Racing Green Metallic.

100_4512.jpg

100_4513.jpg

100_4513.jpg

100_4515.jpg

The hood. So smooth and shiny I can see my reflection-

100_4507.jpg

Last photo, with the flash on. Look how it sparkles!;

100_4501.jpg

Now she'll sit for 10 days to let the paint cure completely. After that I'll buff out the paint and add a few clear coat to make the paint really sparkle. Thanks as always for looking.

Cheers,

Alby

Edited by Albert Moore

Mmmm,......shiny! :worship:

Superb gloss on the hood Alby. It always looks so difficult to get a mirror shine in scale but you look like you've achieved it admirably.

One area where it is almost impossible to achieve scale effect though is the metallic pigment.

Now you've got a '70s style "Candy Apple" 'Stang :worship:

I'm looking forward to the addition of lights and grille. That will really be cool.

:worship:

Hey Gang,

Just finished up applying the clear coats. After curing for nine days, the green paint was buffed out and readied for clear coating. Eight coats of Testors "One Coat" clear lacquer was applied over a three hour period (the clear was decanted and applied with an airbrush). Now the car will sit for a few days to let the clear coats cure and then I 'll rub out the clear for a killer shine. Getting close to the end!

100_4521.jpg

100_4523.jpg

Ooooh, shiny again!

100_4526.jpg

The windows were prepped for painting the black frames with 3M fine line tape for the perimeters and blue painter's tape to fill the center portion.

100_4519.jpg

Thanks again for looking!

Cheers,

Alby

Alby,

The paintwork is STUNNING and the car looks BEAUTIFUL as you get nearer to the end...

I wish I had your talent in making such a maginifque model......such a lovely detailed model to admire and Drool over.....

Lovely shine on it too.....

KUDOS AND MORE Alby Thank you ..this is enjoyable and not to harsh on the eye !!!

HOLMES :deadhorse1: :D :worship:

Edited by HOLMES

Dang Alby, I just now spotted this "Green Machine" you got going on there.

SWEET!!! I like it, looks like it's coming straight out ta' Motown.

I will be watching more closely from now on!

Lookin' good.

Pete Brown

Small update for today. The body has been polished out and the all the lights added. I painted the tail light panel semi-gloss black for a custom touch. The license plate is a photo reduced copy that was scaled down and then printed out. The license plate frame adds a little more bling.

100_4581.jpg

100_4559.jpg

A slight change to the interior goodies. Better printed CD cases were added (plus Forbidden's 'Distortion' was put in place of Rush's '2112'). I also added a photo-reduced version of a Mustangs & Fast Fords magazine in the back seat.

100_4577.jpg

Next photos will be of the completed model.

Cheers,

Alby

{~snippety~}

Next photos will be of the completed model.

Cheers,

Alby

Ooh, goody, goody, goody.....can't wait.....(hops from foot to foot with glea!) :whistle:

Wow!...the latest additions really add some "zing" to this build Alby. The back panel is perfect. The tail lights and license plate look real which is about as good as it gets. <_<

The MkII CD cases actually look better for some reason, good call on that. I like the addition of the Fast Ford mag too....nice touch of humour that. B)

(I still think you need a soda can in one of the drinks holders though........ <_<)

Super cool!

;)