VFA-97 Warhawk markings

Is there a 1/72 version of this? :thumbsup:

I believe (not sure, though) I've seen some pics of this aircraft in the TwoBobs Manufacturers sub-forum. Don't remember either whether someone was just asking for these to be done. :unsure: If no one already asked, please, somebody, do this Hornet. :pray::banana:

I was about to say..

Now that's quite the strong Duck!

Then realized it was an eagle....

I may be wrong on this, but I think it's supposed to be a Hawk as in Warhawks. Overall IMHO the legacy Hornet units had much nicer markings. The superbugs have a few exceptions.

Edited by Angels49

Those markings are already obsolete.

97 came home, and removed the Japaneese flag, and put an American flag on it now. (it was always an American flag on the port side) They also have removed the "WARHAWKS" from the turtle back, and put up the CAG 11 star and dice, and now have NH tail codes on the inside of the rudders. Also too, all of the drop tanks now have little "mini tridents" on each side of the tank, towards the nose.

Edited by Spook498

Thank you for that! I never even thought to check their website. :whistle:

For some reason I thought the tail codes were on the inside of the rudders. Either way, they are now back in CAG 11 and heading for cruise soon. (which means VFA-81 will not be returning to Nimitz this year)

I may be wrong on this, but I think it's supposed to be a Hawk as in Warhawks. Overall IMHO the legacy Hornet units had much nicer markings. The superbugs have a few exceptions.

The Legacy Hornets have better markings because they don't have the painting restrictions that have been placed on the Supers. I'm hoping that as the Supers get older, those restrictions will begin to ease and we'll see some more colorful schemes, at least on the showbird jets. VFA-14 has a pretty nifty scheme right now, though.

Thank you for that! I never even thought to check their website. :whistle:

For some reason I thought the tail codes were on the inside of the rudders. Either way, they are now back in CAG 11 and heading for cruise soon. (which means VFA-81 will not be returning to Nimitz this year)

VFA-81 is back with CVW-17 and the AA tailcode on their Super Hornets ...

Gregg

I dont usually "do" east coast squadrons. However, for these, and VFA-34, I will make an exception.

5b348.jpg

060730-N-6074Y-114.jpg

Edited by Spook498
The Legacy Hornets have better markings because they don't have the painting restrictions that have been placed on the Supers. I'm hoping that as the Supers get older, those restrictions will begin to ease and we'll see some more colorful schemes, at least on the showbird jets. VFA-14 has a pretty nifty scheme right now, though.

Thanks Darren....that explains a lot.