Check out this photoetch!!

That is cool. Would even think about getting the set if for nothing else a lot of extra instruments to use on other birds.

Hi there, here´s Chris from Germany..

Today I`m for the first time in this forum and I´m very pleased about the positive response to my PE-parts for the BK 117.

Some weeks ago my friend Anthony has put the link in to the Wettringer forum - thank`s to him.

When finished his BK-model we plan to work together on the Huey ( UH-1H/Bell 205 A1) and Bell 212/214 due to the nearly similar fuselage - in the same manner like the presented BK 117

First steps are done - see fotos (the new nose of the Bell - Revell 1:32, yet under very pre- construction).

6334346562373265.jpg

6231386366313165.jpg

3734326337366363.jpg

" Tank" has mentioned that there is also some interest on single instruments for "other birds"....., not only helicopters...

In case of enough response I would construct it in 1:32 analog the BK-Parts (Standard-Instruments and modern EFIS) in a set- see sample for the BK 117.

Greeetings Chris

6337323836386363.jpg

3934643163346561.jpg

3466633163636166.jpg

3362393839636465.jpg

6239316466346337.jpg

3936323137366239.jpg

6238363836383763.jpg

Edited by cakemixer
This is simply awesome!

How about modern Hueys and Twin Hueys in 1/35 scale instruments?

Andy

Hi Chris (and welcome to ARC),

That is some of the most detailed PE I have ever seen. I really hope you will consider releasing cockpit upgrades for some of the other helo kits out there. I usually stay away from PE panels because they look unrealistic but your stuff is outstanding.

Can't wait to see one of your IP's painted up and installed in a kit.

John

Edited by 11bee

Who is "Pedro" at "Renaissance"??????

Web site? Contact?

Thanks,

Stew

Hiya Crash

You can buy the EC-145 detail/upgrade set direct from Pedro @ Renaissance, he is a great guy and you wont be dissapointed when you see it.

As for the BK-117 set, Chris I believe is only going to do 25 sets, so you will need to contact him direct. I think there is a link to him on Tims excellent scale-rotors website

http://www.scale-rotors.com/news-reviews/c...17-cockpit-set-

Cheers

Anthony

Hi Stew

Pedro owns renaissance models and does the big EC-145 upgrade/detail set seen here....

http://www.renaissance-models.com/Avions/notice_ec145.htm

Just click on one of the links and bungle around trying your best to read French (which my understanding of is....zip!) for his contact details.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Anthony

Hi Chris (and welcome to ARC),

That is some of the most detailed PE I have ever seen. I really hope you will consider releasing cockpit upgrades for some of the other helo kits out there. I usually stay away from PE panels because they look unrealistic but your stuff is outstanding.

Can't wait to see one of your IP's painted up and installed in a kit.

John

Hey John,

thank you for the flowers. Yes indeed I`m strongly thinking about selling the instrument-sets to those who are interested in it.

This idea was formed in the last couple of weeks when people spent so much positive resonance to it.

Greetings from Chris

When finished his BK-model we plan to work together on the Huey ( UH-1H/Bell 205 A1) and Bell 212/214 due to the nearly similar fuselage - in the same manner like the presented BK 117

First steps are done - see fotos (the new nose of the Bell - Revell 1:32, yet under very pre- construction).

Sign me up for a set for the Huey. I've been wanting to do a good Huey for quite some time.

Floyd

Hi Stew

Pedro owns renaissance models and does the big EC-145 upgrade/detail set seen here....

http://www.renaissance-models.com/Avions/notice_ec145.htm

Just click on one of the links and bungle around trying your best to read French (which my understanding of is....zip!) for his contact details.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Anthony

:thumbsup:

Wow. Based on this set, I should be able to actually build the LUH-72A Lakota from my Revell EC-145. I wonder if the full winch kit is included, as the Lakota has this style of winch and my kit has one that hangs down along the side. Also, as a footnote, the cable cutters (sorry, don't know the proper name) on the LUH-72A has tube-style support braces that come out on a diagonal from the cutter blade.

Ugh..48 Euros! $70 US! Wow, Le French are proud of their stuff, no? Looks worth it, though.

Well, I just dropped Pedro a note and hope he reads English... parce que je parle "Cadien" un peu, mais je ne parle pas Francais!

We shall see what shipping is going to run...

Stew

Edited by CenTexModeler

Well, I just got an e-mail back from Pedro. His 1/32nd scale EC-145 detail set, with the shipping included, would be $106.00 USD and some change.

It's a beautiful set and a good value for what's in the box, so-to-speak. It's just much to spend in one whack on stuff to dress up one model. It's not the price of the set so much as it's the cost of shipping (more than half the cost of the set itself). The cost of shipping is getting crazy. I shipped a shoe box sized package with a couple of models in it from TX to S.C. yesterday and it was more than $15! NUTS!

Stew

Wow, as much as I like this set, I may have to back off of it. Man, that sucks. It is a beautiful piece of work though. I am on the fence, so to speak.

Yeah, it really falls back to the question of whether you HAVE to build a 1/32nd scale EC-145 with all the bells and whistles done by someone else, or if you are willing to scratch build the goodies your self. In the end, you have to look in the mirror and ask what your time is worth. My time is worth enough so that getting Pedro's set would be the wiser choice, I just can't spend that much on accessories for one model...at least not until I win the lotto.. :)

Edited by CenTexModeler

Hiya Stew

I know what you mean mate, I have seen an EC-145 built out of the box and it looked great. However when you see the set, it is worth every penny. I think you will find he sells them as seperate sets also. That way you dont have to buy the whole lot.

Ed (Fenestron) knitting aye........well I have seen the work you do and it is really impressive. Hows that 1/32 TA-4J coming along?? I loved that one you were doing!

Cheers

Anthony

Yeah Anthony, the set is beautiful. I've got my eyes set on building a UH-72A from the Revell kit. I really needed a different issue of the kit to get the right hoist, skids, and cable cutters. Unfortunately, that kit is out of production and Pedro has the mods in his set.

Now the good news. I received an e-mail back from Pedro and he gave me links to two resellers here in the US. The particular e-mail he sent downloaded to the inbox at the house, so later tonight I'll try to repost with those links. At least for those of us in the US, the shipping should be much less. We'll see! Maybe there is a distributor in NZ or AU?

Stew