Junkers Ju-87D-3 and Me-262 - Little Diorama on 1/144

How well did all your parts line up when you put it together? I worked on the same model, and I literally spent days bending and rebending and reglueing the wings and tail trying to get everything square, and those gull wings certainly don't help. I grew frustrated and it's been in that unfinished state for well over a year now, but you, with your nifty build and great idea and execution for the diorama, make me want to revisit it.

How well did all your parts line up when you put it together? I worked on the same model, and I literally spent days bending and rebending and reglueing the wings and tail trying to get everything square, and those gull wings certainly don't help. I grew frustrated and it's been in that unfinished state for well over a year now, but you, with your nifty build and great idea and execution for the diorama, make me want to revisit it.

To align the wings and elevators, you need a lot patiance, I have to saw just a bit the right wing, and remove the pins of the tail, it´s fragile, even after glued, be carefull...

So let´s go to work ! Not too much people works on this scale here, and will be nice see another buildings :D

best regards,

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to all !

Some little upgrade...

Masking to paint.. this mask gives me a lot of work to do...

DSC08078.jpg

Painting:

DSC08079.jpg

DSC08083.jpg

I like a lot the Gunze paint finish:

DSC08084.jpg

Now the model almost done:

DSC08087.jpg

DSC08089.jpg

Soon some more ! Thanks to see :D

Thank you so much guys !

Now let´s to an update.

I finish the landing gear.

On the rear wheel I did a hand work, it ´s to little to mask and paint with airbrush:

DSC08173.jpg

On the other gears I mask na paint with airbrush

DSC08171.jpg

The model almost done:

DSC08174.jpg

DSC08176.jpg

DSC08177.jpg

Here a fit to inspire the work :huh:

DSC08183.jpg

DSC08181.jpg

DSC08184.jpg

DSC08179.jpg

I paint a little strip of a decal sheet to make some strips to canopy...

DSC08185.jpg

By now is only this...

Thanks to see :D :D

Thank you Guys !

I remove the landing gear to paint again, I use some maskol to preserve the paint on the midde of the legs.

To remove the paint I use OMO Laundry Soap to remove the paint.

DSC08191.jpg

DSC08192.jpg

DSC08193.jpg

On Corel Draw, I did the decal´s, print on HP Laser Color Printer, but the covering of the tonner is too poor, so it is transparent, I have to paint by hand the litte G on the gear cover, it is too small, only 1,5mm heigth, so is it was so difficult to paint..

DSC08194.jpg

This was the font that I use:

DSC08195.jpg

DSC08196.jpg

DSC08197.jpg

Interesting method for your lettering, where did you get your font?

-Al

Thanks you guys :cheers:

Dear Al,

Somewhere on Internet, I can´t remember the website... send me a PM with your e-mail adress that I´ll send it to you

best regards,

Lucas

So, the hardest thing to do, the patterns on fuselage, I tryied to use a Nankim Pen, but does not work, the paint is not enough, I made an adaptation with a draw compass, I don´t know the name of this in English..

DSC02371.jpg

DSC02370.jpg

After aply, the model looks this:

DSC08211.jpg

DSC08212.jpg

DSC08221.jpg

DSC08224.jpg

DSC08225.jpg

Just this by now, hope like this..

Thanks to see :)

Lucas,

This picture comes from "Gotterdammerung - Luftwaffe Wrecks and Relics" from Brett Green, page 69.

DSC01984.jpg

The text is left in, it's the last paragraph that pertains to this build of yours. I'm pretty darn sure it's the same one.

All that aside, AMAZING work Lucas!