Trump 32nd F-14D up for pre order at HLJ

After seeing the prerelease in the flesh, you will be surprised as to how little aftermarket resin you will need. Don't forget the Tamiya F-14 would set you back a hefty sum if you were building an F-14D,cockpi,t engine nozzles, rear end mods, etc,etc. The kit is not perfect but I think is a better starting point that the old Tamiya kit.Wait until you see it in the flesh. I think you will be surprised.

The F-14A will be kit number 32001 and you will see it after Xmas 2009.

Cheers

Didn't Greatmodels have this on Pre-Order for $155 or so?

Yup, linky. Definitely more reasonable than $240 but still expense. I'm taking the wait and see approach to answer the "is it worth it" question. If the fit is good, details are accurate, etc, this obviously takes the lead from the Tamiya kit. I've heard good things about the previews at shows but that doesn't really mean much until real builders have plastic in hand to judge. I'm waiting to hear what Brian P., Brian M., Reddog or one of the other resident tomcat experts have to say until I make my judgment. Until then, the jury is still out. (for me at least)

I was thinking of jumping into 32nd scale just for the Tomcat. Maybe not. Sure hope the price of the HB 48th scale Tomcat will lower.

Probably be around where the new Aardvark is running. So far first European pricing is at $90 (60 Euros) on Moduni.de

Should be interesting next month with the next Japanese show to see what if anything Our Benevolent Chinese Hobby Overlords are releasing in 2010. From what I gather this is the one they do not the Shizouka one in May.

Matt