The Hornet Challenge mini-GB

:worship: "Hornet Group Build Mini"

EvilProject.jpg

Wait...Did Ryan just finish a model?... :monkeydance:

You're right about thos bombs looking different, they're the Mk83 ballute retarded bombs. The ones I used are from the Revell SuperHornet kit. I might have one extra left over, if I find it, you can have it.

BTW, I noticed you have a hornet with a broken wing tip like mine and who knows how many else ... :)

Thanks Benner.

Fortunately the broken wing tip is still in the bag. Two out if the four Hornet kits I have came with broken wing tips... :worship:

Wait...Did Ryan just finish a model?... :worship:

Fortunately the broken wing tip is still in the bag. Two out if the four Hornet kits I have came with broken wing tips... :monkeydance:

Nope. The eggplane still needs paint. Broken tip? It's a 50% broken rate. I have 6 Hasegawa Hornets. Three kits have the one wing tip broken but still in bag. Whew! The British F-4 kits I also have in the stash have the same problems of having one wingtip break off as well, unfortunately I can't find those missing pieces!

Edited by PlasticWeapons
Nope. The eggplane still needs paint.

Of course not. That explains the severe back lighting in the photo. I can respect the streak. You wouldn't want to tarnish a perfectly good reputation by actually finishing something...

Broken tip? It's a 50% broken rate. I have 6 Hasegawa Hornets. Three kits have the one wing tip broken but still in bag. Whew! The British F-4 kits I also have in the stash have the same problems of having one wingtip break off as well, unfortunately I can't find those missing pieces!

Veewwy intewewesting... :worship:

Of course not. That explains the severe back lighting in the photo. I can respect the streak. You wouldn't want to tarnish a perfectly good reputation by actually finishing something...

Done!

DSC_0002.jpg

DSC_0004-1.jpg

Just kidding. It's the old 1/48 Monogram "A-18" Strike Fighter kit that I built way back in 1986 or 1987. It was completed by the way, but is now in my plastic model boneyard sans pylons and weapons and built gear up to dogfight with one of my many Monogram F-14As at the time. It was after all, post-Top Gun movie era. I just noticed I had put "NAVY" on both sides but one side should have been "Marines" but I didn't know at the time VFA-125 was a training sqdn. I thought Monogram made an error! :thumbsup:

Edited by PlasticWeapons
can i play? I'm in with a Hase C legend pit with decals to be named later?

Pull up a chair Marine! There's plenty of room at the bench.

Done!

Well done Ryan, I stand corrected...

Please tell me thats not the last model you completed.

. I thought Monogram made an error! ;)

:thumbsup:

Pull up a chair Marine! There's plenty of room at the bench.

Well done Ryan, I stand corrected...

Please tell me thats not the last model you completed.

:thumbsup:

Ouch, Mark! LOL. Actually, the last model I completed was back in 2005. A Monogram F-102A in SEA camo. Now trying to break the streak! I still need to finish the Jaguar...

Monogram_F-102A.jpg

Edited by PlasticWeapons
Ouch, Mark! LOL. Actually, the last model I completed was back in 2005. A Monogram F-102A in SEA camo. Now trying to break the streak! I still need to finish the Jaguar...

Dude, your Duce is amazing!!!...:thumbsup:

There's no doubt you have some serious modeling skills, I'd just love to see more of your masterpieces cross the finish line.

Mine was broken and in the bag too.

This is starting to sound like some sort of conspiracy.... :cheers:

Dude, your Duce is amazing!!!...:cheers:

There's no doubt you have some serious modeling skills, I'd just love to see more of your masterpieces cross the finish line.

Thanks. That jet earned me a 3rd place at my first model contest ever in 2005. It took 6 months to complete! You should see the F-4J VF-31 Phantom I've got all primed up. Just too lazy to get around to it with all the other stuff that gets in the way...like the A-6 cockpit or canopy bulkhead project, LOL! I am taking a break from the Intruder 'pit. It's just awfully complicated. I'll return to it after a short vacation.

As for gO, sounds like you got yourself into something painful, didn't ya?

Okay, did I say that my Hornet gears were painted up now? I did do some actual building today. :thumbsup:

Guys..

My contribution will be.

Kit: 1/72 Hase F-18D

Decal : F-4dable RMAF decal..

This will be painted overall gunship grey, I have join the fuselage , the join in the foward fuselage is not very good, next to fill and sand those seams..

DSC08102.jpg

More later..

Great looking F-102 Ryan, job well done. ... and get moving on the Jaguar :thumbsup:

Question for Hornet experts, is there any reason why the rudder would be pointed one way or the other when the jet is powered down? seems in some pics, one rudder seems to be in the normal position, other swung over to one side .. or whatever.

Just got back here for the first time in 2 years.... oh well, there will be another GB.

Ole, you can join, what are you entereing? markings? I list you on the first post . Anyone else that posted before this post is in too unless told otherwise.

After this post, The Hornet Mini-GB is closed to new entrants.

I try to get some pics posted tomorrow some time. If you look at my photobucket galleries, the folder called Big Bug has all the pics taken up til September.

As a side note, I found one of the missing parts today embedded in the carpet in my workshop/spare bedroom. The other piece I am pretty sure I can scratch build, I will try that tomorrow.

Question for Hornet experts, is there any reason why the rudder would be pointed one way or the other when the jet is powered down? seems in some pics, one rudder seems to be in the normal position, other swung over to one side .. or whatever.

No, they are random but for the most part they are deployed outboard. At least from my experience working in Hornets.

We instruct the pilot to drop flaps but the rest of the controls can be just about anywhere on shut-down.