Monogram 1/48 AV-8B Harrier II

Here is my latest kit. Like the title says it is a Monogram 1/48 Harrier. I rescribed it and used Superscale decals. The bombs are from the Monogram 1/48 F-4J and the TER's are from Hobbycraft 1/48 A-4. The Harrier went together pretty well with minor filling. The biggest problem was the canopy. The main piece was warped and didn't fit when trying to close it up that is why I chose to have an open canopy. Thanks for looking!

DSC_0193.jpg

DSC_0194.jpg

DSC_0195.jpg

DSC_0198.jpg

DSC_0201.jpg

DSC_0202.jpg

DSC_0203.jpg

DSC_0205.jpg

very nice Harrier!!!! :jaw-dropping: What colours did you use??

Thanks Eric,

I used MM enamels FS35237 and FS36375.

Thanks guys!

The loadout idea came from the Gulf Air War Journal by World AirPower books. They show a three view showing the Harrier with a similar loadout.

Flyingfortress,

Mine had a slight lip. I used filler and sanded to shape. The Monogram AV-8B's are really nice. This one was my third. The other two have Amraam Line AV-8B II+ conversions. I built them before I got the Hasegawa versions. The Hasegawa Harriers seem over engineered but they do look really nice built up. For the price of the Monogram Harrier though you really can't beat it.