New Profiline 1/72 Hughes 500 family

• 2 weeks later...

Hello pilots,

in the new year 2011 to all health and happiness ....... all the money you have-I do not wish :rolleyes: ..... good luck!

7012 MD-520N Notar - decals and camouflages:

sestavakamokopie.jpg

7012_obtisky_MD520.jpg

to K5054NZ - 500C/369HS At this moment, no in 1:72, is it work for new 1:48.

Best regards

Stepan

Edited by Stepan
I bought this back in September and it's taken me a while to complete but here is my Profiline MD-500E in Blackwater colours:

BW_port.jpg

BW_front.jpg

BW_starboard.jpg

Hey, that looks familiar.

Mine in 1/35 using the Dragon MD500 kit.

IMG_0113.jpg

IMG_0115.jpg

Good job on its little brother in 1/72.

Edited by HeavyArty

Hi Stepan, great news, wow, nice to see the 520N, and specially in salvadorean markings, yes, i understand its in 1/48?, when do you plan to release it? it would be nice if you could upgrade all your MD5... series to 1/48 and why not to 1/35, that would be awesome.

Rod.

Edited by salvador001
  • 3 weeks later...
love the schemes. Especially the Greenpeace ang GdiF ones.

But for the JMSDF one, are you sure that they used the fixed rubber floats? IHMO, the OH-6J from the icebreaker "Shirase" had inflatable "pop-out" floats.

Hello troschi,

OH-6J from icebraker Shirase has "closed" floats on photos, it is true. My kit has inflated floats .

Regards

Stepan

Edited by Stepan
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just saw this piece of news and thought I'd share it:

Afghan AF Picks MD-530F Helicopters

In March 2011, MD Helicopters, Inc. in Mesa, AZ won a $19.9 million firm-fixed-price contract for 6 new primary training helicopters, 2 corresponding flight training devices, and critical spare parts for the Afghan Air Force. That initial order could reach as many as 54 helicopters over the life of the 4 year contract.

• 6 months later...

Does anyone know if the Profiline 500 series has been discontinued? There is no sign of these kits on the Profiline website and they are now getting hard to find. I hope the little trailer they had planned for the MD500 will still be released.

LD.

Does anyone know if the Profiline 500 series has been discontinued? There is no sign of these kits on the Profiline website and they are now getting hard to find. I hope the little trailer they had planned for the MD500 will still be released.

LD.

Is this not it?

http://modelingmadness.com/others/detailsets/7014.htm

Sprue Brothers still has this trailer.

http://store.spruebrothers.com/172-profiline-helicopter-trailer-7014-p28192.aspx

Profiline finalize the model kits production, only make R/C sets.

But all inventory (forms, stock..) buy MPM, and continue sale.

MPM October 2011 newsleter.

http://scalemodels.ru/news/3638-novinki-MPM--oktjabr-2011.html

Sad to hear. What about there kits in the works that where to show up this fall, any word on those?

• 5 months later...

I was just thinking whatever happened to those Delta Force Little Birds Stepan kept talking about making, and so I checked this old thread. What sad news. I mean its great MPM are still selling the line of existing MD500s but I was was really hanging out for the AH/MH-6s. Especially if they came with figures. I would have bought at least four to add to my 500Es.

The 1/72 kits you produced Stepan were great quality and the idea of making the cabin halves out of transparencies was a great approach that solved the problem of the Italeri and AZ Model kits where it was hard to get the glazing to fit. I wish you Stepan all the best with your future endeavours and live with the dim hope of someone releasing a 1/72 Little Bird!