this is my latest in progress work my 1/35 sikorsky black hawk. untill last night it was in one piece and then any modellers nightmare happend it fell into the destructive hands of my 2 year old son Aiden, so i imidiately started to build a wreck as it was beyond repair.

102_0215.jpg

102_0216.jpg

102_0217.jpg

102_0218.jpg

102_0219.jpg

102_0220.jpg

Let me know what you think so far

James

Ouch... I've dropped my MH-60K plenty of times, so I know how if feels to have that "black hawk model down" despair, but I think it looks pretty cool. I'd probably add ribbing to the inside of the tail, where it broke. Not too sure how the intact rotor blade would have gotten there, past the broken tail. Other than that, I like how its plenty dusty, and the windshield looks great!

Take care,

Austin

so you think i should give the surviving rotor the chop? i was thinking that myself. as for the tail detail im not to fussed about that as ive just got a 1/72 seaknight im doing that to, im going to recreate the level crash from call of duty

Yeah, either the rotor needs to be on the other side of the tail or the rotor needs the chop, because it wouldn't just go through the tail and then sit right there, if that makes sense.

Also, Tuesday, we are starting a COD MW campaign over on armorama. You should join with that. campaign link and forum link.

Take care,

Austin

Ouch! My condolences, but congrats on the recovery. I think I'd have just Round Filed it myself.

As for the rotors, they are a composite material, so the broken ends should look like this

p3280020.jpg

(no aircrew were killed in the above pictured crash)

:redx:Black Hawk down...!!! James; skinnies incoming! :lol:

...untill last night it was in one piece and then any modellers nightmare happend it fell into the destructive hands of my 2 year old son Aiden...

Oh, I know where ya're comin' from, James, which is exactly where I got my nick, and also the reason why it stuck. ;) I wish I had thought about making a diorama out of all those wrecked kits, though. But me's learnt my lesson well. No more kits left whithin rascals' reach.

I think yer diorama looks superb! :( I really like the Black Hawk better this way because it's uncommon to see choppers displayed like this.

Very nice, James!

Unc²

You know what, from an atmospheric point of view, I think what you've done is a step up from just a completed model.

Job well done in turning that very sad misfortune into a winner!

Thise last 2 pics look very realistic..from the sprawl of gthe wreckage, sand, and even the slightly crouched figures using the fuselage as cover.

Well done that man!