MiG-23MLD 'Flogger'

A stop gap project until my Phantom is finish.

Please share your thoughts on this model and how I could improve on my next build. Thanks for your participation.

Enjoy!

031-1.jpg

032.jpg

036.jpg

041.jpg

038.jpg

040.jpg

042.jpg

044.jpg

046.jpg

047.jpg

Very nice build ! It was brush painted right ? The camouflage looks very good so do the panel lines.

Did you have problems matching the radome to the front fuselage ? It looks like it. It would have been nice if Zvezda had looked at a MiG-23 when they tooled the canopy :cheers:

Edited by Laurent
It was brush painted right ? The camouflage looks very good so do the panel lines.

Yes, the entire model was painted by hand. I used Testor flat enamel colors for the camouflage: Flat Green and Military Brown. The lighter green was a mixture of Flat White and Flat Green. The 'Sand' camo color was Sandgelb RLM by Model Master.

The model itself was originally with raised-lines so I rescribed the entire frame and wings (took me 2 whole days). Then after priming and painting the Flogger I used a mixture of MM Black and dishwashing soap to create a weathered oil/grease wash onto the scribed lines.

Did you have problems matching the radome to the front fuselage ? It looks like it.

Yeah I've would've done better on the radome. :doh: The antennae was customized from a brass rod to replace the original one (broken beyond repair).

Very neat! If painted with a brush then WOW...very impressive! I would personally like to see them a little more grimy but that is just ME!

I'm in the process of experimenting various weathering methods. Some suggested sludge, others suggests oil wash, and some say to try using a ink pen. So many choices. :wacko:

Jack,,that is such a lovely build... :jaw-dropping:

Thanks HOLMES! :)

• 3 weeks later...

Nice and pretty accurate choice of colours. The paintjob is very good, but it still begs for an airbrush-it's the soft demarcation lines that make camouflaged a/c so sex, plus a little wash, stain or scratch here and there make the plane come to life.

• 2 weeks later...