Mr. Hobby paints...Tamiya spray cans

It seems it becoming harder and harder to get Mr. Color paints. Both SprueBros and Yannis hobbies stocked them...but don't have much in stock anymore. I know from talking to Yannis that its getting harder to get them...wondering why that could be...???

I was at Yannis a while back, and he said that at least with the Tamiya rattle cans, there was some issue with labeling of the cans that was affecting importers. Dunno if that's the case or not.

I'm not sure I could do without Tamiya gray primer. Will it actually be available in the US anymore at all?

the better way is to be Preventive... and very patient.

I now order mines at EricYY, and take surface mail....

it takes 2 months to come... (but it is very inexpensive shipping!)

but, at 5$ a large rattle can. i ordered 4 of them last time!

FYI - Gunze apparently only sends 2 or 3 shipments to the USA per year which is why there are shortages between shipments. We have been advised that a shipment is enroute for an arrival of December 2010.

In October, I read a note from Great Planes Distributors to hobby shops that said Tamiya was re-doing the labels on several of their products (including the spray primers and the weathering sticks) to conform better with EPA guidelines in the US. It would result in a temporary shortage of products, but the plan is to be done with the whole re-design by February of 2011. Some products have already been re-designed, but there were about thirty or fourty items on the list (many RC car product related) and so it takes time to do that. Admittedly I did stock up on a couple cans of Fine White Surface primer when I read that, but I can still find cans of gray Fine primer at the LHS.

FYI - Gunze apparently only sends 2 or 3 shipments to the USA per year which is why there are shortages between shipments. We have been advised that a shipment is enroute for an arrival of December 2010.

Wow, how big are those shipments?

Guess I'd better be watching so I can stock up before the hoarding begins! :)

I've never quite understood Gunze and their marketing, they have products that people love and want to buy yet they can't seem to keep a steady supply.

Ken