You're building 3 forts at the same time? I was contemplating starting a second one as I found a great subject but i don't know....

You're one brave person.

4. 3 1/48s and 1 1/72nd. Plus I have another 1/48 and 1/72 I'll start soon. The final 1/48 is going to be done as the ship my grandfather flew on during the Memmingen mission. The 1/72 will be another plane from his BG but a different squadron.

DSCN2590.jpg

Hey I completed something!

But I also got the decals on My Devotion. Using some Micro Sol due to the raise rivets of the old Revell bird. Then will seal them and weather it and she'll be done as well.

So I died a little this weekend. Saturday night while watching the heartbreaking defeat of Michigan in the National Championship hockey game my stomach decided it wanted to vacate my body. After losing 8lbs the last 2 days I may finally be getting better but still have the gurgles. I feel like I've been run over by a truck.

But I still managed to get out to the golf course yesterday because I'm that devoted.

lol

Hopefully get some more work on the Forts done this week.

Just realized I never put up pics of MD decaled.

Just now I gave her a slight weathering job and all that's left is to decide what I'm doing for the de-icers. Either black or nmf.

DSCN2601.jpg

DSCN2602.jpg

sexy (I know the model's not accurate but idc I've never been a huge accuracy stickler)

DSCN2603.jpg

DSCN2604.jpg

Flash washed out some of the exhaust staining.

DSCN2605.jpg

I did something different for the exhausts. I painted them black then used 3 different colored pencils on them silver, dark orange, and a brown. Gave them a mottled look. Looks better in person again flash washed out some of the detail.

DSCN2606.jpg

silver pencil again for the cowls.

DSCN2608.jpg

She's basically done aside from the de-icers. For a model I literally threw together in a night and didn't care much about I'm really happy how it turned out. The old Revell F kit makes a pretty nice model.

My Devotion is complete!

Glamor shots coming in the Museum.

Had a SNAFU with the decals on the tailplane. For whatever reason the masking tape decided to leave all decals alone except those so now she has battle damage to the tail. I took the silver pencil out again and chipped it up back there and I'm happy with it. What can you do?

well you did alright seems to me.

the windows took a bit of getting used to but then I figured out what your story was showing: the plane just got back and the guys were so glad, they all lit up big stoggies and the plane filled with cigar smoke!!

smokeysmiley_450-1.jpg

:thumbsup:

p.s. Great job

well you did alright seems to me.

the windows took a bit of getting used to but then I figured out what your story was showing: the plane just got back and the guys were so glad, they all lit up big stoggies and the plane filled with cigar smoke!!

smokeysmiley_450-1.jpg

:cheers:

p.s. Great job

Being a cigar smoker I'll buy that answer.

Nice work there buddy!

Thanks. It's something at least.

I did get all the props and tires painted for the big birds so I'm moving along. I have to paint the yellow tips here possibly tonight if I don't have to work or if not then tomorrow.

Still have to mask the turrets and waist windows so I can spray them and get the third Fort painted.

Painted the yellow tips of the props today. Later I'm going to finally mask the rest of the windows so they're ready for paint when I paint the third Fort. After that it will just be detail painting and assembling everything together. Then Future and decals. Then weathering. Not far now.

"My Devotion" turned out nicely, rivets and all :jaw-dropping: . Which Tamiya OD did you use? I have the AS-6 and it is going on much darker.

My Tamiya Olive Drab was Xf-62.

My Devotion was straight out of the bottle. So it's pretty dark. I painted Susan and Thunderbird with it cut in half with white and they're still pretty dark. I just painted Duke today with it cut even more with white and it turned out real good. Not going to change the others though.

Also painted the de-icers on Susan and Thunderbird. Not going to go with the walkway plan I through out in the reference section. Going to stick to the decals and they show no walkway and de-icers.

I also just realized I have no stars n bars for The Duke so I will have to see what I have as far as spare decals or put out an emergency call to the spares bin thread.

Working on the fiddly bits. Will get the guns painted up then can mount them so I can get closer to Futuring these birds.

You can kinda see the difference in the greens between the 2 sets of waist windows.

DSCN2624.jpg

and the tires...

DSCN2625.jpg

Tomorrow I plan on cleaning the living room floor (3 year old!) and maybe putting all 3 on the floor so I can get a group picture.

Also possibly will get the de-icers painted on the Duke.

K

That's some fiddly bit madness there, I see the same in my future.

What kind of paint is that on the tires? Look's like poster paint, am I warm?

The black is tamiyas flat black. Airbrushed it gives a nice velvety sheen. The hubs are MM aluminum brush painted on.

Thunderchicken almost assembled. I have to paint the hub spinners silver still. Wheels will be added in a little bit here today. Also have to paint the deicer area of the tail fin am going to paint that aluminum by hand.

DSCN2635.jpg

DSCN2634.jpg

DSCN2633.jpg

That radio room hatch with gun is a Bi... to get in right. I ended up just gluing the gun to the clear part and saying the hell with it.

The Duke still waiting his radio room hatch.

DSCN2632.jpg

DSCN2631.jpg

I'm still waiting on another top clear piece for an F turret. The Duke uses an F turret also so the only one I had went to her. Of course I've got about 8 G turrets but only had the clear piece for 1 F turret go figure.

And there they are...

DSCN2638.jpg

DSCN2639.jpg

DSCN2640.jpg

DSCN2641.jpg

Construction is complete aside from a few guns in the nose and some clear pieces. Next step is the long process of Futuring them so that decals may be applied. This will take a few days at best as I don't want the Future to run so I will be putting it on in very thin coats.

Well, that proves it, yer crazy! 3 -17's @ once?!?! Nice work there. Just stumbled upon this build from the link in your sig.

It's been a loooonnngg road that's for sure.

I'm just starting also 3 F4U-4 Corsairs for the Navy GB. 2 will be in a dio and the third will just be static.

I'm nuts.

If I had just done 1 17 I would have had it done weeks ago.

It's been a loooonnngg road that's for sure.

I'm just starting also 3 F4U-4 Corsairs for the Navy GB. 2 will be in a dio and the third will just be static.

I'm nuts.

If I had just done 1 17 I would have had it done weeks ago.

Yeah, 4 1/2 months for 3 B-17s in 1/48 is just unacceptable. Pick up the pace will ya!?