How many people here used to frequent Rec.Models.Scale?

Yep, as well as Dave Merriman's disdain for anyone who didn't build everything from scratch and make their own photoetch parts

Unfortunately he hasn't changed that tune, only hangs out at CultTVman since he's been ran off or banned from about any other forum.

Remember the long posts from Kurt Plummer about weapons, they were so dense it was hard to read, or his kit "reviews" that in the end amounted to one having to buy 2-3 separate kits to correct the "faults" of the kit being reviewed.

Ken

You guys remember the flame wars revolving around Paolo Pizzi? Was he real, cause you (at least I) sure never hear the name anymore. :-)

Max Bryant

Yeah.... he was (I think) a ship modeler from Argentina...

And Dave Merriman, and Dan's monkey... and Jennings (yeah, our Jennings) and Al Superczynski (RIP) and I remember a flamewar around 1996 about 'nazi' tank tread links with some hundred posts per day!

Oh... you guys make me feel old....

:)

Yeah.... he was (I think) a ship modeler from Argentina...

And Dave Merriman, and Dan's monkey... and Jennings (yeah, our Jennings) and Al Superczynski (RIP) and I remember a flamewar around 1996 about 'nazi' tank tread links with some hundred posts per day!

Oh... you guys make me feel old....

:)

I recall Dan going off every so often about the Williams Bros. B-10 kit. I wonder if he ever finished that one? Al was one of the good guys; he is missed.

Remember the guy who was always bitching about real working landing gears on 1/72 C5? I remember the kid - I think he ripped a bunch of people off by promising to trade various tamiya uber kits for relatively cheap ones. I remember he tried to get me to trade a Tamiya T-72 for his Tamiya tomcat and an F-4! I didn't bite - a lot of guys did and got burned. Or that AZhozers character who built a diorama of dog poop and took it to the nats.. There was also plenty of good guys - Bill Woodier - really liked him.

Just curious who here used to be on the old usenet newsgroup rec.models.scale? That was the original meeting place for modelers on the internet way before ARC, Hyperscale and the like......

I was. In amongst the other Rama Lama loonies.

i left when the slow trickle of people to other venues left the newsgroup overwhelmed entirely by spammers and loonies.

The only advantage it still has on this and other fora, is the lack of dopey smileys.

Shane

Edited by sweier