(Whatif) 1/48 F-8 CRUSADER two engines EE Lightning Style

• 2 weeks later...

Application of decals completed:

super-crusader-1535%20-web.JPG

This time gone against the rules: I choose of do not apply the usual/mandatory hand of gloss base before to lay down the decals.

The decals have been applied on the MATT surfarce but before of to appply the decal I have brushed on some drops of WHITE GLUE thinned with water.

This is an experiment, will see if it work.

• 4 weeks later...

When I come here to publish news on the my works I understand how fast the time run.

Ok, the current status is:

The application of the decals is gone well, after this operation sprayed a hand of ALCLAD KLEAR COTE MATTE on all the model. Nothing of bad happened.

By a pair of days I'm working to apply the modified twin exhaust from the Airfix Lightning on the reworked tail end of the my Crusader.

super-crusader-2011-1630.JPG

super-crusader-2011-1631.JPG

I should have done this work early before of to paint the model but I was so determined to paint the kit that I have decided of to run the risk of to handle the completed model for the exhaust application.

super-crusader-2011-1632.JPG

This is how the rear end the Super Crusader look now:

super-crusader-2011-1634.JPG

super-crusader-2011-1635.JPG

After this, remain by to do some minors details: the conclusion of the project is near!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have had a bad surprise doing the last details.

Brushed a layer of Model Master Dullcote over surface previously sprayed with the new ALCLAD KLEAR COTE MATTE.

The two products have reacted. Has formed a YELLOWED blob of matt paint.

At this point removed the yellowed blob with a medium grade sanding stick and REPAINTED all the zone.

Protected the surrounding zone with a new kind of extra low tack painter's tape found in the my usual store.

web-crus-lightning-1685.JPG

web-crus-lightning-1686.JPG

Thank the very fast drying time of the GUNZE's acrylics I did all in a minute.

After to have sprayed the Gunze gray, whitened the original Gunze Gray and with it sprayed the center of the panels.

Few minuted later darkened/post shaded the panel lines using the same Gunze Gray added of a bit of black.

The kit should be ready now,will look for the last problems/details.

• 3 weeks later...