Yet another 1/32 Mustang

Thanks for info !

Here are few new pictures. I will have a problem installing the part with exhaust. everything on pic is mostly dryfit, and when I put engine I have to use force (a lot) to install part with exhaust to the coolant. It is maybe because of the wires I've added to the engine, but when I looked below it doesn't look like that.

Did anyone have the same problem? If not, then the wires are to be blamed. In that case I have a plan B. :D

Thanks for looking!!

Cheers

1-2.jpg

2-4.jpg

3-4.jpg

4-4.jpg

Looks perfect to me Marko, I'll echo Dave as I'm not sure where the fit issue is ;) I pretty much just went step-by-step and everything just ended up fitting at some point.

Again it looks really good, can't wait to see her all done! :thumbsup:

Ahui hou :cheers:

Mark

After sleeping on it I think I know what ur talking about... The exhaust assembly's go in after u button up the fuselage with the engine in place....

Yes, I know, but because of this fit problem I chosed this way (exhaust before engine). At the end problem were those wires, so I sanded away a bit the area of exhaust from behind (lower part) for about 1 mm.

Now it fits like it should :D

Cheers !!

WOW, what a fantastic build!

The paint work is fantastic, very convincing.

I believe the BC-1206 was removed on this aircraft, simple rule for P-51D's: if there is an aerial antenna there's a range receiver, if not it's not there.

If it helps I wrote a review with some tips about the proper parts to use:

1/32 TAMIYA P-51D IN BOX REVIEW

Here's more about the cockpit:

1/32 TAMIYA P-51D COCKPIT DETAILS

I can't wait to see more pictures.

Thank You Pete and Christian,

Pete, yes I did mix it. I've used interior green gunze with a few drops of insignia yellow.

Christian, I did see your review here on ARC. A lot of useful information there. If I didn't do everything right, I'll do it in my next build (that will surely follow).

Cheers!

:cheers:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello Skuki, beautiful detail on that engine and engine bay. :worship:

It has been a little while now, have you made any progress on your Mustang that you can share please?

:cheers:

Hello geedubelyer,

sorry for late replay :). I have few pictures of the current work, nothink much, but the hardest part is over me I hope.

I decided not to use kit part V32 that should be glued onto V18 (it's a pipe that goes across the engine). It just looked to plastic and a bit unrealistic so I made a new one from 1mm round aluminum tube.

Hope you like it. When I look at it righ now, it even seems that it will be really finished. But I shouldn't jump to easily in such inconsiderate conclusions :lol:

1-4.jpg

2-6.jpg

3-6.jpg

4-6.jpg

Absolutely amazing! That engine compartment looks awesome!

Very crisp and neatly done. Very deft paintwork and weathering.

Very nice smooth finish.

I'll be following with great interest.

Cheers and happy modeling!

Alexander

Edited by Eastern

Hi all ,

here is what I'm curently building.

Sorry Jayhawk, you'll just have to wait for this one. :lol:

Hope you like it

Cheers!

1-1.jpg

2-3.jpg

3-3.jpg

4-3.jpg

5-3.jpg

6-2.jpg

I was just looking at your pictures, great work by the ways. I was wondering about the ignition wires and fuel lines, is that something you scratched or was is an add on detail set. I have seen many pictures of the kit built up with these in place and assumed they came with the kit. just recently aquiered one of these kits and there is no mention of the wires or fuel lines in the instructions.