Paging Flankerman

Can't help with the drawing - nice find though :thumbsup:

As for the Su-34 gear - you should have said 2 months ago - I took some pics of the Su-34 at MAKS - but not the inside main wheels though :doh:

If you don't have any other luck - let me know and I'll try to zoom in on a couple of pics.

Ken

I already have all the pics from the scalemodels.ru site... beggars cant be choosers, Ill be happy with any new shots you have Ken gear related or not. I forgot that you regularly attend MAKS. remind me to kick myself in the back of the head.

While we are discussing Su-27 variants.......

Just got the etch set for the Su-33 and the vents / screens on the sides of the intakes are fantastic (see right thru), so the question to the experts is "Can you see the screen from inside the intake?" In other words if I cut out the area on the kit and replace it with the etch is this correct?

Thanks

While we are discussing Su-27 variants.......

Just got the etch set for the Su-33 and the vents / screens on the sides of the intakes are fantastic (see right thru), so the question to the experts is "Can you see the screen from inside the intake?" In other words if I cut out the area on the kit and replace it with the etch is this correct?

Thanks

I haven't got a pic of the inside face of a Su-33 intake - only the outside....

canard_01.jpg

But this photo I took of the similar vents on a Su-34 shows that it does show on the inside face....

su-34_intake_02.jpg

but it looks like the patterns don't match (at least not on the Su-34 :woot.gif: )

Cheers

Ken

One more thing Can you guys confirm the "SOO-34" pronunciation over the "ESS YOU 34"? Im getting beat up constantly on this point. One troll even left me a link where a Russian commentator surprisingly actually used the "ESS YOU" pronouncement. up until then I had thought that it was probably a pronouncement of "ESS-YOU" in the west.

Su - its first two letters from Pavel Sukhoi (Сухой) constructor surname, "Yes You" - its not wright by Russian, if even spell separately it will be "Es U".

Su - its first two letters from Pavel Sukhoi (Сухой) constructor surname, "Yes You" - its not wright by Russian, if even spell separately it will be "Es U".

But how do Russians say it ????

I always thought it was pronounced 'Soo Dvatsat Shem' (Soo twenty seven).

Do some Russians say 'Ess You Dvatsat Shem' ???

Same goes for Bear - 'Too ninety five' - not 'Tee You ninety five' - and Li-2 = 'Lee two', not 'Ell Eye two'.

Please put us right Andrei.....

Kyen

But how do Russians say it ????

I always thought it was pronounced 'Soo Dvatsat Shem' (Soo twenty seven).

Do some Russians say 'Ess You Dvatsat Shem' ???

Same goes for Bear - 'Too ninety five' - not 'Tee You ninety five' - and Li-2 = 'Lee two', not 'Ell Eye two'.

Please put us right Andrei.....

Kyen

Wright is 'Soo Dvatsat Shem' (Soo twenty seven).