Belcher Bits 1/48

Don, I don't see anything new on Mike's blog about the S-2A conversion apart from the old announcement he made in a blog post. Do you have a link to any new information or photos?

Guys

I am on the road in the UK at the moment and will be updating my website when I return in a week. The CS2F conversion is brand new, first sold at Telford. The part number is BB33, price is $31.99. It includes correct nacelle ends and short span tail planes.

mike Belcher

Guys

I am on the road in the UK at the moment and will be updating my website when I return in a week. The CS2F conversion is brand new, first sold at Telford. The part number is BB33, price is $31.99. It includes correct nacelle ends and short span tail planes.

mike Belcher

I assume that one would still have to perform surgery to shorten the fuselage? I've got the S-2E kit and am planning on backdating it to a short fuselage US-2B. At first I thought it was just a matter of taking out a section of the forward fuselage but it appears that one will also need to perform much more involved surgery on the aft fuselage. Might be a bit more work than I had planned on. Any forecast on when the Kinetic S-2A will be out?

Edited by 11bee

Don, I don't see anything new on Mike's blog about the S-2A conversion apart from the old announcement he made in a blog post. Do you have a link to any new information or photos?

Sorry, Kursad, that's the only info I had. I"m sure once Mike gets home and gets settled back in, he'll have an update for us.

Here's something else to peruse if you don't have it bookmarked yet:

http://www.belcherbits.com/index.htm

• 2 weeks later...

I assume that one would still have to perform surgery to shorten the fuselage? I've got the S-2E kit and am planning on backdating it to a short fuselage US-2B. At first I thought it was just a matter of taking out a section of the forward fuselage but it appears that one will also need to perform much more involved surgery on the aft fuselage. Might be a bit more work than I had planned on. Any forecast on when the Kinetic S-2A will be out?

I got an email from Raymond and he stated the short fuselage Tracker is at least a year away. So it is the Belcher conversion for me!

Guys

mike Belcher

Are the decals printed too?

I got an email from Raymond and he stated the short fuselage Tracker is at least a year away. So it is the Belcher conversion for me!

Looks like I will be doing the same. I'm fine w/ the forward fuselage cuts, however the cut aft of the wings (per the Belcher blog) is problematic at best. Even if you can make the cut perfect, you will still have to mate up the fuselage sections which will be slightly different diameters. I may pass on that one, especially since the Tailspin Turtle website only flagged the forward fuselage as the problem. I'm still disappointed that something so basic was missed by Kinetic. It didn't have to be this difficult if just they took a few minutes to verify their measurements.

Note that a CS2F conversion would probably also work for building a short-fuselage S-2A as used by many countries like Japan, Thailand, Netherlands etc. in addition to Canada. Many of the parts needed are already included in the S-2E kit. My international S-2 Tracker sheet already has options for several of these countries in addition to a Canadian example from the 1980's.

Edited by KursadA
  • 2 weeks later...

Us 72nders are left to ourselves for a CS2F, eh?

I don't recall what forum I got my answer from, here or the 1/72 Scale Aircraft site, but I was informed that the Hasegawa Tracker is fine for a CS2F with the exception of the aft portion of the engine nacelles and that 'correction' is quite simple. For me, back when I did my Tracker, it was folding the wings while at the same time, maintaining some semblence of structural integrity with the wing-fold.

Scott