65th Aggressor squadron

I've heard a couple of mentions that the 65th is going to be disbanded. They scrapped plans to paint six in the T-50 splinter scheme and only painted one. I would imagine the F-15 aggressors serve an important role and I would think that if the USAF can fund the 18th, they could also keep the 65th. Does anyone have any information on the situation?

Brian

So who is going to take their place for dogfight training? There's got to be some form of Dissimilar Air Combat Training.

The 64th will keep their Vipers, and there's still the 18th AGRS up in Alaska.

Jake

Wow. They weren't really around for very long were they? What's going to happen to the Eagles?

Aaron

Boneyard would be my guess sadly....

The 65th traded all their 'newer' jets to ANG units some time ago replacing them with ex-Kadena AF78 tails which makes them some of the oldest F-15C/D's still in service.

Sad times,but it was fun while it lasted

Gary

• 2 months later...

Hi,

Can someone tell me the FS Color Numbers for new F-15´s Aggressor Scheme @ Nellis (65th Sqdn)?

http://www.nellis.af.mil/shared/media/photodb/photos/111020-F-NE761-211.JPG

I know Two Bobs decals will be out any day from now, but my F-15 will be on paint stage soon. :hmmm:

Thanks ;)

Edited by Jesus Alvarez

Word on the street is that since the C is going to be around far longer than planned, they need to reconstitute an active duty training pipeline; the jets will go to the field and/or migrate to the new (old) training unit at Tyndall. Don't have the numberplate off the top of my head.

Spongebob