Does anyone like A-10s?

If you're a follower of the aviation magazines such as Combat Aircraft, Air Forces Monthly, etc, you've probably seen Neil Dunridge's name before. He's an astonishingly talented photographer from the UK, and a great guy to hang around with.

He's been chasing the A-10 around the world now for a couple years compiling images and information to put together his book, which will be published by Reid Air Publications this summer. I'll let the images speak for themselves. This is going to be a very, very cool book, with combat pics from Afghanistan and Iraq, and every A-10 squadron at home.

A10-NDunridge-Afghanitsan-121111-1780.jpg

A10-NDunridge-Bollen-101109-6082.jpg

A10-NDunridge-KAF-100210-6949.jpg

A10-NDunridge-KAF-230210-8542.jpg

A10-NDunridge-Kittycat-110909-4246.jpg

A10-NDunridge-Moody-130211-3588.jpg

Will it have all the detail shots like the other Reid offerings?

Terry

No, it will not. It only features information and photos concerning operations, combat, and day-to-day flight ops. Only the Modern Guide series have the detail shots. Other books in the Reid Air line are similar to this, ie. The Viper Story, Part I and II.

Come on, Terry, you need to pick up a big Hog!!! :woot.gif:

Sweet! Is it going to cover the MI ANG unit while they were still at Battle Creek?

I'll have to check. I don't think he ever made it to Battle Creek before they closed down Hog Ops.

Jake

edit: Only the 107FS is covered for the MI ANG. He didn't get to Battle Creek in time.

Edited by jmel
Will this book be available through your site Jake?

Yes. Reid Air Publications is the publisher, so it will be available like any other book in our line.

Jake

• 3 weeks later...

Glad you guys like the previews. With this latest round of cuts to the A-10 (5 squadrons gone!!), this is very timely.

Marcel, the Trumpeter kit is a pig, but with your talent it can be turned into a great model.

Jake

Marcel, the Trumpeter kit is a pig, but with your talent it can be turned into a great model.

Thx Jake... I have pretty much everything I need for the build, including your book and a mental plan for converting the cockpit to A-10C standard. But I also know that it will be a very time-consuming project...