Thinking of diving into a 1/48 B-1

at the moment, bomb bays and exhausts. I need photos and exhaust dimensions though. Bomb bays are about 40% finished.

What do you need shots of? I have a Modern BONE Guide in the future, and all my picture-taking is complete. I should have all you need.

Jake

The Cutting Edge exhausts are not without their problems, and lawd, they go for some serious coin if you can find a set:

I havent had that big of problems with mine, they fit almost perfectly. You can find em on ebay for about 80 bucks if someone posts them on there. Personally I think they are all copies, but take what you can get!

The weights are ordered directly from the manufacture. His e-mail is NightieMission@aol.com. I've ordered from him over the years, and have never had a problem.

There are so few of these kits built that I've never really heard how well the gear stands up over time. I figured, why risk it.

I do have the SAC metal gear set in my stash, but I haven't even opened it, & I'm nowhere near my stash for the next two months.

Mine has been mostly hanging since 1987, but when I looked at it the other day three wheels are missing and the gear is in pretty bad shape. I may convert it into a wheels-up flying display.

I built mine when I was 14, and I don't remember it being too difficult. I hope to do two more in the somewhat near future (I'm waiting on conventional bomb racks (that and actually finishing something!)).

Brian

Edited by Camus272

Thanks again for all the help so far folks.

I have a kit on the way, Twobobs decals, and the Eduard etched set.

Not sure if i'll get the SAC undercarriage or just put brass rod into the kit parts. Just need the CE exhausts and the Shull decoy fairings!

Dave

I have two of these kits in the stash which I will build side by side in the not to distant future. One kit is the current Revell USA boxing. The other is the more difficult to find ROG boxing in the strategic camo scheme. Gonna do one of each. I have the Cutting Edge exhausts, the Eduard set and the Two Bobs decals. I will film it like the space shuttle series I am doing now.

I am having difficulty finding affordable JDAMS in 1/48. I suppose I could get one out of a kit somewhere and cast it a bunch of times. I also need a sniper pod and the other Shull resin goodies. Aside from the Hase weapons kit, are there 1/48 JDAMs anywhere?

What do you need shots of? I have a Modern BONE Guide in the future, and all my picture-taking is complete. I should have all you need.

Jake

Jake,

What I really need are dimensions of the exhaust nozzles as I will have them CAD drawn and 3D printed. As far as the bomb bay stuff, I just need some good pics to finish them up.

Cheers

Mike

Jake,

What I really need are dimensions of the exhaust nozzles as I will have them CAD drawn and 3D printed. As far as the bomb bay stuff, I just need some good pics to finish them up.

Cheers

Mike

When those exhausts and bomb bays come out I will need to buy another B-1 kit.. The stuff in the kit that is just a hair off bugs me with my completed OOB version.. But that's my fault for hanging it over a bed.

at the moment, bomb bays and exhausts. I need photos and exhaust dimensions though. Bomb bays are about 40% finished.

Mike,

I'm speaking for myself here, but doing the exhausts first would be huge. They are the most glaring issue with the kit and one can always close the stores bays.

Chris

Jake,

Cheers

Mike

Sorry, I can't help with dimensions. I can send over bomb bay pics, but I agree with Chris. The exhausts are far more important than the bomb bays.

Jake

• 2 weeks later...

Towed Decoy fairings would also be a good idea to cast for the modern B-1.

Saying that, hopefully Shawn Hull will start up again soon.

Coming back to the original post, i have the kit, decals, Cutting edge exhausts (thanks Mike/Youngtiger1) and some reference material. I will also get the Eduard etch set and still hoping to get a set of the Shull Towed Decoy fairings. (i'll offer good money for a set if anyone has one). I'll most likely get the SAC metal undercarriage too.

Dave

Edited by Dave1089