My first sports car! :woot.gif:

2013 Subaru BRZ. One of the first ones in the DC area. I've got just over 100 miles on it so far, and I absolutely love it.

Incidentally, both Tamiya and Aoshima are coming out with scale models of the Subaru version (mine) and the Scion/Toyota version (FR-S/GT 86).

7330490922_efc6c5f0a6_c.jpg

7330491218_8f9702da19_c.jpg

7330491478_29134dce7a_c.jpg

7330491860_4cbbec5074_c.jpg

-Dave

Very very very nice car, its a crying shame this didnt come with the what Subaru is truly known for....AWD, and left the RWD to Toyota and Scion. They claim not enough room for the AWD parts.

But again, VERY NICE CAR, CONGRATS!!!!

P.S. I would claim mid-life-crisis and trade in the wife's 05 Legacy GT and its huffed 300hp on one of these had it had AWD

Edited by xmh53wrench

OMG she is beautiful! :jaw-dropping: I have been pondering getting one or maybe the toyota version myself. But I have to wait until the end of next year after an overseas trip. RWD is the whole appeal of this beauty to me. Ive had a FWD hot hatch and the only options for a RWD car in Oz is family cars or you have to spend at least 60 grand for something that handles as sublimely as this. I am very jealous of you right now!

That looks very very nice. I haven't seen one close up yet either and I'm impressed.

RWD is the main selling point of this car. It's basically appealing to the drifter mentality and I'm sure you'll see drift versions in those racing classes here shortly. Aside from being RWD though the car is supposed to handle as good or better than their AWD cars. Sure it may not be the rally queen the other cars are but you can take this straight to the track and have a good time.

Expect a barrage of aftermarket parts in the next 2 years.

Very very very nice car, its a crying shame this didnt come with the what Subaru is truly known for....AWD, and left the RWD to Toyota and Scion. They claim not enough room for the AWD parts.

P.S. I would claim mid-life-crisis and trade in the wife's 05 Legacy GT and its huffed 300hp on one of these had it had AWD

.... better put the Tin foil hat on then !!!

:jaw-dropping:

...WOW !!! Definitely a AWESOME looking ride.....The cockpit looks NEAT !!!

Thanks for all the comments guys. I absolutely love this car.

As far as not having room for the AWD stuff, they are absolutely right. Hopefully I won't have to mess with the plugs anytime soon, because it looks like I'll have to pull the motor out to change them! :jaw-dropping:

Just took it over to WV this past weekend to visit the in-laws. A nice 6 hour drive culminating in a 15 min endless string of deserted, twisty, mountain roads. Driving perfection...

-Dave