KITTY HAWK F-35 A Lightning II

Glen will have to answer why as I cannot read his mind but Glen seems to have a hidden agenda (reping Pacific Coast?) and is not actually representing KittyHawk/Pand

Our shipment is already enroute to us. I believe our shipment shipped about 2 weeks ago and it should be here before Xmas.

Thanks Gordon for taking the time to clear this up. I will certainly consider the previous posts source. I had the same suspicions.

Especially about who will and will not carry which kits. If that were the case, I'd have to assume that there's a certain market that some of these dealers bid on to stay competitive, hence the reason that only a few select places here in the states carry certain kits. Gives them that bit of an edge. I contacted the owner of one of my prefered shopping sites, asking when, if ever, they anticipated stocking KH kits, and he essentially said that he was not able to carry KH kits for distribution reasons, which in a nutshell...pretty much boiled down to the fact that he wasn't on their authorized list of US retailers. So again, I think it's only a first come, first serve type thing to help promote business. But I do not think that SB will be shunned from that availability (as we've clearly seen stated from them).

Your preferred shopping site likely was not "allowed" by Pacific Coast to get this kits because he wouldn't play ball with Pacific Coast's required pricing. We sell wholesale to shops as well - let your preferred shop know and have them contact us and they can get them from us.

Edited by gkwan

Any US Retailer can stock and sell any kit manufactured by any company. What they have to do is make the effort to contact the distributor of said kit and agree to the distributors terms. Far too many LHS opt not to deal with each and every distributor for various reasons, mostly because of ordering minimums and demand for the product a customer might be requesting they stock. If you have to order ten and will only sell one or two, you're stuck with the other eight...so they opt not to put themselves into such a position. Those who have not made this a practice find themselves stocking a huge amount of dead inventory...and eventually fail.

Here is the US, there is more than one source at the wholesale level of the kits in question, though one seems to want to convince customers otherwise. As the market tightens, more and more mfrs are reevaluating the performance of those distributing and retailing their products. Its about volume and the distributors ability to make payment. More and more we're seeing payment in full up front, which really strains those distributors and retailers who don't have good business model and cash flow management.

Preorders can be a minefield of trouble if not managed properly. There has been numerous times modelers have plunked down money and never received what they ordered. Or long delays in delivery due to issues in manufacturing, release date and transportation. Some retailers will start accepting preorders as soon as word about a release is given, others opt on the side of sound business decisions and wait until they have confirmation that the product is enroute to their door.

Its also one thing if a retailer takes preorders and takes your money and holds it from one that doesn't. I bet if you search through the forum you'll find where a retailer took both preorders and money and after said product or the order was cancelled the customer had a difficult time getting their money back or credited to their card.

It becomes the classic race between the tortoise and the hare. Sure and steady versus hurry up and wait. If a business is constantly reaching for the cash, chances are it won't finish the marathon. We've seen several in this industry use that as a business model disappear in the past year or two.

hi Gordon

first of all i will assure you i represent Panda & Kitty Hawk.no one else

second, this is not a place for us to air our dirty laundry.

that said, if you have any more to say about me or how i do business pleas send me

a PM.or my personal email is gunlover1@juno.com

2012030612505.jpg

hi Gordon

first of all i will assure you i represent Panda & Kitty Hawk.no one else

second, this is not a place for us to air our dirty laundry.

that said, if you have any more to say about me or how i do business pleas send me

a PM.or my personal email is gunlover1@juno.com

2012030612505.jpg

Not to put too fine a point in it, but I think you're the one who took this public by not only posting here, but also over at LSP when you posted a cryptic warning about unauthorized sellers a day or two after Gordon posted on the SB site that he was going to start carrying KH and Panda.

Your postings in this thread about LM and SB not getting early releases was confusing to most people, as was your response when someone pointed out that LM had both the Jaguar and F-35A kit, and you said it's only available. However, it's clear that LM did have both kits, sold out, and got a restock. It's also now clear that SB is getting a shipment. A number of people took your comments as neither LM or SB was going to carry the kit.

Personally, I think that if there is an issue between KH/Panda and certain shops, that should have been private. You didn't have to post anything. If people talked about getting the latest kit from SB or LM, why intrude on that? If the kits don't show up, then people would have asked Raymond and Gordon when they were getting them in, and they would be the ones answering the question to their customers. I don't think it's your place to tell LM and SB customers what lines those shops will or won't be carrying, especially on a public forum, and especially in a cryptic and confusing way.

Glen,

I was only trying to correct the mis-information you put out there about who is or is not selling KH and Panda kits, etc. and to correct the incorrect/false facts posted. I am sorry you took it as airing dirty laundry but since you post the wrong/false info, it was my duty to correct them.

My only suggestion is that if you are really a rep of KH/Panda, that your posts about their products and who sells them is reflective of your role as a representative of KH/Panda and not PCM.

Gordon

Edited by gkwan

maybe you and i should talk more.

Glen

You are welcome to email me. Though I am not sure what we need to talk about now as I have taken the liberty and have corrected the incorrect/false information that was posted in this thread.

hi guys

just a foot note.

Lucky Model and SB will not get Kitty Hawk kits early anymore

Glen

One example (see above) - you claimed we were getting KH/Panda before others, however the true fact is that every one of the KH/Panda items so far that we had gotten, we had gotten anywhere from 1 month to over 1 year AFTER everyone.

Edited by gkwan

hi Gordon

i don't want to argue with you.

our first kit was released 1 year ago this month.

we are getting ready to release kit 7 & 8

i am sorry if there is a miss understanding.

like i say. we can talk off forum and get this all straightend out.

Glen

2012030612505.jpg

I find it pretty funny that kits which are tooled in Asia are now released first in the US?

All to satisfy the whims of distributors who have been lining there pockets with money from our pockets for years.

Dealers like Lucky and Hobbyeasy have done the world a service in exposing something that only people who travel to Asia frequently knew about in that we in the west where being shafted on kit prices for years.

Walk the streets of Hong Kong..Tamiya F-4's for 75-85 bucks..LHS..180!

Japan..All Hasegawa and Tamiya is 15-30% less than box retail..at home double!

Even though the manufacturers are closing off Hong Kong as a place to get stuff quickly with new releases now delayed for sale by 6-10 weeks ill wait rather than be ripped off..

Because it is quite prominent feature - on its own, and because of the dark sooting it creates on adjacent panels.

APU exhaust is this black hole on the port side fuselage bottom (several feet behind the port side weapons bay):

Pretty hard. It is a sizable bulge with big irregularly shaped opening.

Pawel

I see your point. I guess it's one for the Aftermarket guys.

I need a drink after reading this thread. lol.

On a good note, I'll do the patriotic thing and purchase the 35A kit from SB this go around, as oppose to the wait I had to manage for the B model from LM. Still a good business, but I like to spread the seed fairly.