Just noticed the cockpit I pre built is for a F-4E not a RF-4. So I did the kit cockpit up and will make the RF in flight.

Here is a shot of how the camera stand attaches inside the airframe.

DSC_0119-3.jpg

Then how it sits till my next days off........

DSC_0120-2.jpg

Edited by phantom

It has slats!!!!!???????

Crap. Too far in the build to change that.

Well, it was one of 8 new build RF-4Es for Turkey equipped with LES, a "rounded" nose, and wired for AIM-9s. A similar number of RF-4Es in the same configuration was also build for Greece. In fact these Phantoms these were the last recce RF-4Es to leave the McDonnell production line.

It's not possible to replace the external wing panels? Anyway, with our without LES, it will surely be an eyecatcher :woot.gif:/>

Edited by Diego

Well, at least I put on the rounded nose.

Have to figure out the slat issue. Might be too late, unless I just start another one...........Which I do not want to do.

Figured out the slat issue. Steel Beach resin!!!!

Forgot I had this, it came in a trade for a F-4S I have. Cut out the Hasegawa plastic and drop in the Steel Beach resin..

DSC_0122-1.jpg

DSC_0123.jpg

Figured out the slat issue. Steel Beach resin!!!!

Forgot I had this, it came in a trade for a F-4S I have. Cut out the Hasegawa plastic and drop in the Steel Beach resin..

Great to hear you found a solution for the slats!!! :thumbsup:/>

In 1/72, Hasegawa F-4s external wing elements are separate pieces,so you can easily change these. In 1/48 scale the things are indeed different...

Re LOROP pod: the pod and his pylon are semi gloss white.

Greetings

Diego

Edited by Diego

Cool, I'm glad you found a way to put slats on it.

I didn't know about these slatted RF-4E's either, the slats make it a very intresting Recce Phantom.

Cheers, Stefan.

Here a shot of one of the "slatted" RF-4ETMs from 173 Filo in flight - the LES can be seen very well:

143073657.jpg

photo Turkish Air Force

Greetings

Diego

Edited by Diego

Hey Shawn, you're getting famous!

On the IPMS Germany website there's a link to this thread in a review article of the Hi Decal sheet. Click!

Lol...here in the Middle East I was at one of our Doha IPMS meetings and happened to mention how fast this "Phantom" guy kicks F-4's out the door, one of the British members says "Yeah, nobody knows those F-4 kits better than Shawn does". So I would say Shawn is like Pitbull, Mr International...lol.

V/r

Ron