Thank you to all who have served. I would like to send a happy Memorial Day to my Father even though we don't speak to each other, Thank You for your service in the United States Marines and your service in Vietnam in 1968, the year I was born. And to all who gave their all and never returned home. R.I.P. Rob salute.gif

Today is a day of remembrance, reflection, and of thanks to all those that have served our country, and to those that gave their lives, or had their lives drastically changed protecting our country, and thus us and our way of life.

Thank you all. God Bless, and for those no longer with us, RIP, you are not forgotten .

Joel

I tried responding before, only to find out I hadd lost the connection and the reply disappeared. So here I go again.

You. and others who don't speek to their Fathers might want to reconsider. Most of the time my Father and I didn't speak either. Sometimes something woud come up, usually it was me in trouble or school and then we had to talk. It wasn't until I got drafted and I decided to go into the Air Force that we started to do some actual talking and he would do some advising. He was in the Air Corp before and during WWII, so I was influenced by what information I had about him. Still we never did as much talking as I would have liked. He was working and I was always at my assignment . Many years later, he was talking to me on the phone ad admitted that he was in the O.S.S. for some time. Aside from a few things my Mother had told me about him back then I knew very little. He died a couple years ago and there was a lot I wanted to talk to him about but can't. The closest I can get now is a copy of his surviving military records that I acquired for the storage facility in St. Louis. They show burn and water damage but it's about al I have.

I'm sure he was proud of me, for deciding on the A.F. and not going into exile in Canada, even though he never said so.

Unless you open the lines of communication, you might find out what you are missing. The hard way.

Just my opinion and observation.