1/32 Tornado ECR - Tiger Meet 2011 - the last one

Here are the reworked and further detailed main and nose gear elements. Struds got shortened and replaced with metal rods, wiring and hydaulic tubes as well as data and mod plates added and the spring elements and the gear bays itself got further detailled as well. I have to admit that the Tornado has in my eyes one of the most complex gears I know in regards to modelling.

18468332vb.jpg

18468335cl.jpg

18468337re.jpg

For the show of the original the Lechfeld Tigers converted an old Volkswagen Scirocco into some sort of Back-to-the-Future-style Wanna-Be-Delorean.

18468401bw.jpg

A great idea as I think and something I definitely had to try and add to the dio. It's kind of ironic that the only base for that undertaking I found was a 1/32 DMC Delorean toy car from Japan. The original was a Scirocco trying to be a Delorean and I was faced with the task of downgrading a Delorean into a Scirocco. Well .... About 50 percent of the result is putty I must admit and there are some deiscrepancies to the original - it is somewhat .... uuuhhmmm ... sporty in comparison to the original but in the end it is better than nothing at all. As said the base was a toy car with rubber motor inside and black windows. hence all the interior and the windows are scratch work as well. The seats for instance are old GRU-7As from a 1/32 Revell Tomcat.

18468426jg.jpg

18468427xu.jpg

18468429ty.jpg

18468430uf.jpg

18468431zb.jpg

18468432lt.jpg

18468433mc.jpg

Well ... as I mentioned in the beginning I really wanted to have my own 3D photo just as I saw it before and a minor albeit rather crucial element is still missing, namely little "moi" ;-D For that I mangled the deck handler from the Tamiya F-14 kit. Those who know me might be able to tell if I successfully turned the guy into a proper mini me.

18468480yo.jpg

If I am on the photo somebody must have logically taken the shot. I can't remember the name of the gentleman anymore but I hope I have provided a proper rendition of him as well. Again another Tamiya F-14 deck handler got abused to do the deed. Another head from the Academy F-18 set was added along a scratched camera. If you look closely you might make out the name of the brand on the camera cord. Granted he might stand somewhat inconvenient but hey that darned ladder was quite shaky after all. The big Tiger patch on the back had to go there as well.

18468492cq.jpg

18468494xv.jpg

18468496ue.jpg

Now we just put the puzzle pieces together one last time and off it goes into the display case and we are done.

18468515yg.jpg

18468516ge.jpg

18468517qq.jpg

18468518fu.jpg

To all those that "persevered" until now: A big THANK YOU for the patience and for sticking along! I hope it was somewhat entertaining.

Till the next model ... TIGER TIGER TIGER!

What an absolutely fantastic build. I've never seen any aircraft model wear a full body decal before. I've always had my issues with the large decals on the tails, and you go and do an entire jet not less. Your attention to detail is everywhere. Start to finish was a endless series of issues, and problems. You solved each one to perfection.

You started off warning us of the large number of photos, 140 or so. Yet your build blog made it a joy to read and view every single one of them from start to finish. :thumbsup:/>/> :cheers:/>/>

Joel

Edited by Joel_W

A biiiiiiiiig THANK YOU to all of you for the great feedback. I'm flatered.

You see, this is one of these "heart blood" models that you don't just do for fun so your nice comments really five a lot of confidence for the next project.

many many thanks once again!

A huge thank you once again and a big "DANKESCHOEN" for the nice feedback! :thumbsup2:

I'm really happy it is so well received!

Next project and maybe if I dare my first WIP thread here is hopefully soon a nice 1/32 F-14D dropping a LGBU with once again selfmade Decals for 1997 VF-31 Low Viz colors.

For me the absolutely most beautiful VF-31 markings ever!

Let's hope that will work out.